Thursday, August 29, 2013

Harken by Kaleb Nation

Harken
By: Kaleb Nation
Released: January 9, 2013
Source: Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

"After surviving an assassination attempt, teenager Michael Asher discovers that he is at the center of a worldwide conspiracy reaching higher than any earthly power. A supernatural organization desperately wants him dead. He doesn't know why. Everyone who might have the answers has already been killed. Tumbling into a web of international secrets, Michael is forced to fight back and dig up the truth. He begins to question how much of the world is truly as people are led to believe it is. Are there things that humanity is not being told? Who is the puppet master? And how far into the maze can he venture before he is lost forever?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed Harken and read this book in one sitting. It was a really interesting concept that was fast paced. This book also turned out to be not what I entirely expected, but in a good way.

Michael has this really cool ability where he can read a person's emotions through their eyes. He survives an assassination attempt from a supernatural organization and discovers a conspiracy. I thought Michael was developed fairly well. I admit he drove me a bit crazy some times though. However, he did get thrown into a crazy situation really quickly.

There were also a couple of really interesting side characters, like Tad, Alli, and Callista. Callista drove me a bit crazy too at times. I loved Alli though and thought she was a fantastic character. Then I especially loved Tad and actually wanted more of him in the book. He quickly became my favorite character.

This story instantly hooked me in during the first couple of pages when it started with a lot of action. I loved how fast it was paced because it still managed to never feel rushed at all. The whole conspiracy storyline was really interesting and different from a lot of the books that I have been reading lately. The constant action helped keep the pace moving.

The ending left me on the edge of my seat. I'm really looking forward to seeing where book two will go because there are still some questions left unanswered. Overall, I enjoyed Harken. It was a quick and exciting read.     

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)