Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blog Tour Review: Wavecrossed by Andrea Colt


Wavecrossed
By: Andrea Colt
Released: August 22, 2013
Source: Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon - Createspace - BN
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

"To Cassandra Kelleher, trust is a dirty word. A teenage selkie who grew up on land, all she wants is to free her family from the man who stole their sealskins long ago. With her twin brother Brennan losing hope and her window of opportunity disappearing like the beach at high tide, she’ll try anything. Before long, however, Cassandra can’t tell whether her biggest threat is the man holding her family captive, a classmate who’s discovered her secret, or her own paranoia. Battling broken friendships and alarming romantic entanglements, Cassandra finds that trust could be the key to winning her family’s freedom … or losing her own" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed Wavecrossed and I thought that the concept was fantastic. I love the mythology about selkies so I was really excited when I first heard about this book. I was also a fan of Colt's previous book, Torched, so I was looking forward to reading what she wrote next.

Cassandra wants nothing more than to free her family and get back their sealskins for them. I really liked Cassandra for most of the book. She could get a bit frustrating at times because she is just so paranoid, but overall I admired her. I loved how she would do anything for her family. She had the chance to just leave them all behind, but instead she stays to come up with a plan to help them. I just loved the whole family dynamic that this story brought out. I thought that Cassandra was developed well through out the book too. I also loved the side characters, like Leisel and Cassandra's twin brother, Brennan.

The plot was really interesting and I liked how the story always kept moving. This book never slowed so I never lost interest in what was happening to these characters. I also liked that it didn't get too predictable. I was already a fan of selkie stories before picking up this book, but I really loved how Colt described and used the mythology throughout the book. One thing that did get somewhat frustrating while reading was that the writing would get repetitive at times though.     

Overall, I really enjoyed Wavecrossed. It was a captivating and fast-paced read that I would recommend picking up.

My Rating:


 



About Andrea Colt:
Andrea Colt grew up reading and squabbling with her identical twin. She lives in Alexandria, Virginia with her husband, a fridge full of cheese, and two feline muses. Visit andreacolt.com to get to know her better.


Author Links
Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/n5Tyj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)