Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fraction of Stone by Kelley Lynn

Fraction of Stone
By: Kelley Lynn
Released: March 21, 2013
Source: Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

"Wind tunnels, torrential rains and earthquakes tear apart Casden. The cause of the world’s imbalance is unknown, but the mounting occurrences suggest there’s little time before life ceases to exist. Rydan Gale and Akara Nazreth are the only humans with the ability to wield magic. The tattoo on their necks and the discovery of an ancient book, dictate they are the key to the world’s survival. But the greatest obstacle for saving mankind isn’t the bizarre creatures, extreme betrayals and magic-fearing men hunting them. It’s that Akara doesn’t believe the world is worth saving" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed Fraction of Stone. This story was definitely a refreshing read for me and I just loved the characters and setting.

Akara and Rydan both have the ability to do magic. They have both been living opposite lives, but find themselves trying to save the world together and find the Gia Stone. I just loved getting to know these characters because they were both so different. I quickly became attached to them. I especially liked learning more about Akara because she has lived such a difficult life. I also found that both of these characters, and their relationship, were developed very well through the course of the story.

The plot was exciting for the most part and the first few chapters immediately captured my attention. However, it did drag at some moments for me too, especially in the middle. Therefore, I found myself taking some extra time to read this one. My favorite aspect of this book was definitely the world that Lynn created though. It was just so fascinating and I really enjoyed travelling along with these characters. I loved learning all about the setting and the history. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Fraction of Stone. Lynn has definitely left me curious about what will happen to these characters next.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)