Monday, June 10, 2013

Faking It By Cora Carmack

Faking It (Losing It #2)
By: Cora Carmack
Released: June 4, 2013
Source: BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*Note this is a New Adult title
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade. Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel" (Summary from Goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed Losing It, but I absolutely loved Faking It! Once I picked this book up, I couldn't put it down.

Max's parents make a surprise visit to town and she asks Cade to pretend to be her boyfriend. I think the characters were what I loved so much about Faking It. Max is hiding who she really is to please her parents. She covers up the tattoos, the piercings, her hair color, and the truth about her jobs to make her parents happy. However, Max isn't happy always pretending and changing who she really is for them. Max was just a fantastic character that is strongly developed through the course of this book. I also found her to be a character I could really relate to from the beginning. 

Then there is Cade, or as Max calls him, "Golden Boy." Cade moved to Philadelphia and is trying to escape too. He still has feelings for a girl who is in love with another man. I just loved Cade because he was so sweet, but he wasn't perfect. Cade may not be the typical guy that Max would go for, but the chemistry was definitely there between them.

The plot was a good mix of drama and romance. I loved that this story alternated between Max and Cade's point of views. It just flowed really well from chapter to chapter. I also just loved how this story progressed and developed at a good pace.

Carmack's writing is gorgeous. I found myself writing down so many quotes from this book while reading. I definitely plan on rereading Faking It again soon. I also can't wait for the next book in this series. Overall, I loved Faking It and recommend it to any fans of New Adult books.


My Rating:

6 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now and I'm loving it! Though in all honesty so far I prefer Garrick to Cade at the moment for some reason... Though I love Max's character! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this one!! I loved Losing It, so I know I'm going to love Faking It! I like that it's going to be a mixed POV between the characters. I'm really enjoying that lately. :D

    Great review, Traci!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing It was an okay read but this looks so much more my speed. From the blurb alone I'm pretty sure I'm going to love Cade. And yes, I agree with you - I love Carmack's writing!

    Great review, Traci! :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to read Losing It soon! I cant believe i have waited this long! Even though I have yet to read Losing It, I am still super excited for Faking It. Glad you loved it and FAB review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quotes in this one were fantastic! I wrote down so many as well. I cannot wait for Kelsey's story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these covers! You enjoyed this one more than I did, I couldn't fully connect with the characters unfortunately.

    A wonderful review! :)

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)