Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Camp Kiss by J.K. Rock

Camp Kiss
By: J.K. Rock
Released: March 26, 2013
Source: BEA
Read for Free: Spencer Hill Contemporary
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review
"The Camp Kiss That Started It All… Lauren Carlson, a fourteen-year-old expert on the cosmos, superheroes, and science fiction trivia has a crush on her longtime camp friend, Seth. Last summer she’d dreamed about upgrading their relationship to BF/GF status and this year she has a plan… if only her well-meaning cabin mates wouldn’t interfere before she’s ready. She hasn’t even adjusted to her new braces yet, let alone imagined kissing Seth with them. When a dare pushes her out of her comfort zone, will she and Seth rocket out of the friendzone at last? There’s only one way to find out…." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Camp Kiss is the prequel to Camp Boyfriend and I loved this novella! It gave the reader a great opportunity to get to know these characters before Camp Boyfriend comes out next month. Lauren is fourteen years old and spending her summer at camp. She has been crushing on Seth for years now and wants their friendship to become something more. However, a dare from her cabin mates might pressure her into making her move before she's ready.

Lauren is an excellent character and I already can't wait to read more of her story soon. She is your typical fourteen year old who finds herself in some awkward and embarrassing situations. I became a fan the moment she wore a Star Wars t-shirt, talked about X-Men, and talked about her love for astronomy. She reminded me a lot of myself as a teenager.

The plot itself was a fun and cute. Overall, I loved Camp Kiss and if anything it has just made me even more excited for Camp Boyfriend! I definitely recommend reading this novella!

My Rating:



1 comment:

  1. OMG it sounds great!! I love that the main character is close to my age and I'm always happy to read book set in summer camps!! I'm going to pick it up RIGHT NOW!!
    Thanks for sharing (:

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)