Monday, June 3, 2013

BEA Recap

 

TAC: Heroes and Heartthrobs Panel
Teen Author Carnival:
The night before BEA began I attended the Teen Author Carnival where several YA authors spoke at panels and signed books afterwards. Before the event began though I attended a great dinner with the wonderful Taryn, Dahlia, Ghenet, Alison, and Jennifer. At the TAC I attended the World Play panel and Heroes and Heartthrobs panel. At the World Play panel, authors Sarah J. Maas and Susan Dennard were absolutely hilarious! I also really liked hearing the story about the cover for Two Boys Kissing that David Levithan told during the Heroes and Heartthrobs panel.
 
 
Kami Garcia Signing
Day 1:
On the first day of BEA, I met authors Kendare Blake, Kami Garcia, and Abbi Glines. All three authors were so incredibly sweet and I loved chatting with them. I was so excited to finally meet Kami Garcia because I have missed a couple of her previous signings and I'm really looking forward to her new book Unbreakable. I also watched the cover reveal for Sing Sweet Nightingale by Erica Cameron at the Spencer Hill Press booth. The cover looks so gorgeous and author Erica Cameron is a sweetheart! I loved having the chance to run into some bloggers again too, like Grace, Nicole, Julie and so many more.
 
 

The gorgeous cover reveal for Sing Sweet Nightingale
Day 2:

Cassandra Clare Signing
On the second day of BEA, I met authors Cassandra Clare, Dawn Metcalf, Amanda Sun, Katie McGarry, J.K. Rock, Elizabeth Scott, Julie Kagawa, Sarah Guillory and Paula Deen. I attended the Harlequin Teen Hour Signing and that is where I met Katie McGarry, Elizabeth Scott, Julie Kagawa, and Amanda Sun. I was so excited to meet Katie McGarry because Pushing the Limits and Dare You To are two of my top favorite books. Then author Elizabeth Scott was so nice too and gave me a hug when I told her about how much I enjoyed her previous book As I Wake. After that signing, I spent an hour running around as the Spencer Hill Press swag fairy, which was so much fun. I got to dress up as a fairy and hand out swag.
Swag Fairy

Later in the day I met Cassandra Clare and it was one of the top highlights of BEA. I chatted with Cassandra about the movie and we were both so excited that the movie was moved up by two days. Afterwards, I got in the line to meet Paula Deen because the line was short and my mom is such a huge fan. Paula was such a sweetheart and signed a recipe for my mom. Lastly for the day, I attended the YA Contemp. signing at the Spencer Hill Press booth. I met J.K Rock, the authors of Camp Boyfriend, and Sarah Guillory, the author of Reclaimed. Joanne, Karen, and Sarah are so sweet and I was so happy to finally meet them in person! I'm so excited for both of their books too!

Paula Deen Signing
 
Day 3:
I began the final day as the Swag Fairy and had so much fun running around handing out swag again. Afterwards I went to meet Sarah Dessen which was another major highlight of BEA because I adore her books. On the final day I also got to meet the wonderful Carli (@emberchyld) and one of my favorite bloggers Teresa (readerslive1000lives.com).

 
There really are no other words to express what an amazing experience BEA was this year! I feel so lucky and thankful for the opportunity to attend the event. A huge thank you to all of the publishers and authors for being so amazing! Also another major thank you to Spencer Hill Press for bringing me along this year! I had the greatest time hanging out with the team and my fellow EA's; Britta, Briana, Lauren, Anna, and Taryn! I have made so many wonderful memories and shared so many laughs.

(Note: I'm not going to do a full post of what books I got at BEA, but I will post the two books that I'm most excited about.)
The Dream Thieves and Wild Cards

 

Now the only way to finish this post is with some Grumpy Cat...


 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time! And the authors you met! OMG, so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time!! I met Kami once---she's fabulous. She's like a firecracker! :)

    Wish I could've been there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, sounds like you had an absolutely amazing time. I really, really need to figure out a way to be able to attend one of these years!

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh my jealous over here lol Sounds like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still cant believe you meet Cassie Clare! She is just so awesome and that must have been monumental! It looks like you had a great three days!

    It was so amazing to finally get to meet you!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time and met some great authors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recap!! It sounds like you had a ton of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg! THE DREAM THIEVES! I would have loved to see the books you got at BEA but I completely understand why you didn't show them :D

    hope you enjoy all the books!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, some of those books are high on my wish list :) it sounds like an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)