Thursday, May 9, 2013

How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer

How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True
By: Sarah Strohmeyer
Released: April 23, 2013
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"When cousins Zoe and Jess land summer internships at the Fairyland Kingdom theme park, they are sure they've hit the jackpot. With perks like hot Abercrombie-like Prince Charmings and a chance to win the coveted $25,000 Dream & Do grant, what more could a girl want? Once Zoe arrives, however, she's assigned to serve "The Queen"-Fairyland's boss from hell. From spoon-feeding her evil lapdog caviar, to fetching midnight sleeping tonics, Zoe fears she might not have what it takes to survive the summer, much less win the money. Soon backstabbing interns, a runaway Cinderella, and cutthroat competition make Zoe's job more like a nightmare than a fairy tale. What will happen when Zoe is forced to choose between serving The Queen and saving the prince of her dreams?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True. This book was a fun and hilarious read. I read this in one day because it was difficult to put it down.

Zoe and Jess are working in a theme park for the summer with the chance to win a grant. Zoe is assigned to be the assistant to the boss of the theme park though. Zoe gets assigned insane tasks by her boss though and her internship is nothing like she expected. Zoe was a fantastic and realistic protagonist. She puts up with the crazy tasks that "The Queen" gives her. I especially loved the relationship she had with her cousin Jess. She would do anything for her cousin. There were also plenty of other great and fun characters that I loved getting to know.

The plot was great and had a good twist that I wasn't entirely expecting. There was a good mix of drama, humor, and a bit of romance. I became a fan of Strohmeyer after reading Smart Girls Get What They Want last year and this book just made me a bigger fan. I just love her writing style, it flows great.

I especially just loved the humor of this book. The setting in the theme park and the character of "the Queen" was great. I loved all the rules and how they censored "the mouse" out of everything for "the Queen." It's what I imagine working in a theme park would be like. I can't wait to read what Strohmeyer writes next. Overall, I recommend How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True, it's a fun and quick read.

My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. Ee! So glad you liked this one. I'm a huge Disney fan and when I saw this was about theme parks, I was like I MUST MUST MUST BUY IT. I still haven't read Sarah's other book (even though I have it) and I feel like I should do that first.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this cute book. My favorite part was definitely the closeness of the two cousins. Zoe was a fun character. Great review!
    Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like such a fun read--I've seen a few other positive reviews and I'm very much looking forward to it! I didn't realize there was a twist, though, now I'm even more intrigued. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun! Actually I've never even thought about it, but working in an amusement park sounds hilarious...I should add that to my list of things to do before I die :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like light fun reads sometimes, they're great for relaxing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds really fun. I think that if I am in the mood for a lighter quick read this would be one I would pick up. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds like a ton of fun! I noticed this past week that I don't read nearly enough light contemporaries, so I'm definitely adding this one to my list of ones to buy! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds so cute! I'm glad you liked it so much. I think I'll be adding this one to my summer reading list :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)