Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #96: The Uprising


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

The Uprising (The Forsaken #2)
By: Lisa M. Stasse
Release Date: August 6, 2013

"In this dystopian sequel to The Forsaken, Alenna has survived the brutality of life on the wheel—and now she’s going back for more. Alenna escaped. It was expected that she would die on the wheel, the island where would-be criminals are sent as directed by the UNA—the totalitarian supercountry that was once the United States, Mexico, and Canada. But Alenna and her boyfriend, Liam, made it to safety. Except safety, they will soon learn, is relative. In order to bring down the UNA, they must first gain control of the wheel. If the mission succeeds, the wheel will become a base of revolution. But between betrayals, a new Monk leading a more organized army of Drones, and the discovery of a previously unknown contingent, Alenna, Liam, and their allies might be in over their heads. One thing Alenna knows for sure: There will be a reckoning. And not everyone she loves will make it out alive" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm so excited for The Uprising because I loved The Forsaken! I'm dying to know what will happen next to these characters and to jump back into this fascinating world!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Forsaken but it's on my TBR because I've heard some fantastic things about it! Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the construction and detail of that cover is stunning. The blurb sounds so epic, I'll definitely have to read The Forsaken!

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read The Forsaken. SO many books, not enough time to read em all. Great pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already read this one I couldn't help myself lol it was as awesome as The Forsaken :)

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the covers for this series. I DNF'd the first book but I'm seriously thinking of buying this book anyway. Just for the gorgeous cover! (And maybe I'll go back and finish book one. I didn't hate it, just didn't love it.)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty excited for this one too! That cover is mind-bending. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice, I will definitely read this when it comes out : )

    my WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)