Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #94: Phoenix


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Phoenix (Black City #2)
By: Elizabeth Richards
Released: June 4, 2013

"Weeks after his crucifixion and rebirth as Phoenix, Ash Fisher believes his troubles are far behind him. He and Natalie are engaged and life seems good. But his happiness is short-lived when he receives a threatening visit from Purian Rose, who gives Ash an ultimatum: vote in favor of Rose’s Law permanently relegating Darklings to the wrong side of the wall or Natalie will be killed. The decision seems obvious to Ash; he must save Natalie. But when Ash learns about The Tenth, a new and deadly concentration camp where the Darklings would be sent, the choice doesn’t seem so simple. Unable to ignore his conscience, Ash votes against Rose’s Law, signing Natalie’s death warrant and putting a troubled nation back into the throes of bloody battle" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved Black City and can't wait to read what will happen next!

8 comments:

  1. This is the 2nd Phoenix WoW I've seen this week. It's just rubbing in the fact that I still haven't read Black City

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this sequel too! It sounds really intense. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic choice! I am dying to get my hands on this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read Black City! I better get on that before Pheonix comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I'm so excited for this one! Black City was awesome, and I'm dieing to find out what comes next. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Black City. I've heard a lot of not so good things about it and have been on the fence about it. I think I'll wait until Phoenix comes out to see how everyone likes it!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read Black City yet, but I do have it and Phoenix on my tbr and I really want to read them.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Black City, and cannot wait to get my hands on Phoenix!! Love the cover, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)