Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #92: The Summer I Became A Nerd


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

The Summer I Became A Nerd
By: Leah Rae Miller
Release Date: May 7, 2013

"On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader—perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn’t just unknown, it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way. Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever." (Summary from goodreads.com)

This books sounds so good and definitely like a story I will love.

22 comments:

  1. OH EMMM GEEE! SEEMS SO NICE!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!

    BTW NEW FOLLOWER :D

    FOLLOW BACK?
    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a cute read and I love how "backwards" it is from when most are a geek transformation to popularity. Not my genre though so I'll pass, but I hope you enjoy it :)

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of this. It's very the-other-way around, and I like the concept of that. :)

    My WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaaaawww this book sounds really sweet! I'm imagining Summer and Seth (The OC) all over again.
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a cute read! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on someone's list last week and it looks so fun. Great choice. I'm a new follower :)

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds so cute, girly! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really excited about this one... I already have the book on my to-read list and I can't wait. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An enjoyable pick, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday_1088.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this book around lately and it sounds so good!

    My WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be such a cute book, I think. I love the whole premise of "becoming a nerd." Yeah nerds!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I was just trying to remember the name of this book yesterday! I had to go digging through my goodreads TBR to find it. Can't wait! It looks so good!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this a couple times now! It sounds like a cute read!
    New follower
    ~Ashley
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this a while back, not sure it was on my TBR list... thanks for the reminder!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember seeing the cover for this and it definitely sounds like something I'd like!

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  16. This premise sounds adorable and so clever. I can't wait to read it :) Thanks, Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this pick!!!! I have this on my TBR list! I can't wait to have my paws on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not gonna lie, I don't believe she really becomes a geek... an "adorkable" guy? Hehehe, I've never heard a nerd girl say that XD It looks really cute though.

    New follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)