Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wait for You by J. Lynn

Wait for You
By: J. Lynn
Released: March 5, 2013
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*Note this is a New Adult Title

"Some things are worth waiting for…Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself. Some things are worth experiencing… Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed. Some things should never be kept quiet… But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her? And some things are worth fighting for…" (Sumamry from goodreads.com)

No big surprise that Jennifer L. Armentrout has written yet another book that I absolutely love. I have high expectations every time that I start a new book by her, but she just exceeds those expectations every single time. I stayed up all night to read Wait for You because I just couldn't put it down.

Avery is starting college in a new small town and wants to leave behind her past back home. Avery made for an excellent protagonist and my heart just broke for her at times. She isn't perfect and she could get frustrating at times, but it's understandable. She has been through a lot in her past and she is trying to start over. Avery just really develops so strongly through the course of the story too.

Then there is Cam who I'm completely in love with now too. Armentrout just knows how to write swoon-worthy male characters. Cam has a bit of a past of his own and really develops through the course of the story as well. The relationship between Cam and Avery was so realistic and it takes the time to develop and grow. The attraction and chemistry is especially present from the beginning, but there is definitely no insta-love here. I also completely loved the banter between them because it was so fun.

There were also some other fantastic characters in this story, such as Avery's friends Brit and Jacob. I loved the whole banter they all shared too. Then lastly there was Cam's best friend Ollie, who I loved as well and definitely wanted more of.

The plot itself was really captivating and I couldn't put my reader down from the moment I began this story. First I liked that there was a bit of a mystery surrounding the truth about Avery's past and I liked how it was all slowly unraveled through the whole course of the story. Every couple of chapters, the reader is given a bit more of the story of her past until it is all pieced together. Therefore this book definitely has some heavy and emotional moments. However there are still the light and fun moments mixed in too, which definitely helps balance out the whole story. I admit I was even laughing out loud at some moments.

I also loved the setting in the college and the whole feel of the environment. I really felt like I was there with these characters. Overall I absolutely loved Wait for You and can't wait until I can read it again and again. I strongly recommend picking this one up immediately, it's a beautiful story!


My Rating:

14 comments:

  1. I really need to read this one at some point! I love the college setting too and this sounds like something I would really enjoy. Great review Traci! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I hope you enjoy it when you pick it up! :)

      Delete
  2. You know how much I love JLA and I can honestly say this is my favorite of hers (so does that make it my favorite book ever? hmm food for thought there). I adore the Lux books and they are still very special to me but there was just something about this one that I fell head over heels in love with. Plus I want to marry Cam so there is that lol. Amazing review for an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about this Teresa! I think because these characters were so real and it's no paranormal element going on. Lol I totally want to marry Cam too! JLA has just ruined college boys for me :)

      Delete
  3. JLA always does exceed my expectations, she always goes above and beyond! This a definitely a one sitting read! I couldn't put it down! The characters, the setting, everything about this book, purely amazing!! I also am in love with Cam, *happy sigh* oh Cam!!!

    Great Review!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! So happy you loved this one too! Oh Cam <3

      Delete
  4. JLA always writes the BEST fictional male characters RIGHT? I am SO excited for this one and I can't wait to read it, especially since it is NA!also like that there is a mystery and it gets unraveled throughout the novel!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as well Juhina! All of JLA's male characters are my favorites! <3

      Delete
  5. Seriously. Need. This. Book. OMG I love JLA and new adult books in general so this one has got to be fantastic. I'm glad you loved it. I have really high expectations for JLA too and she usually exceeds them with her books. Although I did feel a little let down by Opal (Daemon and Katy's relationship just felt a little too domesticated to me in that one. Sort of took all the snark out of it.) but I still loved it anyway. Can't wait to read this!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love this one Jesse! I understand what you mean about Opal, I miss the banter of before they were together.

      Delete
  6. I really want to read this one but I really think that all New Adult books are following the same formula lately. Each time a new one releases it is always the same storyline with the dark pasts for each of the 20 something year old characters and yet they be all emo and emotional until the end where they get past it suddenly and fall for one another. I just don't know that I can keep reading those same plot lines over and over again even though I love Armentrout's books.

    Thanks for the great review, I'm glad you loved this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa! I understand what you mean about the same formula for New Adult books. I've been reading so many lately and find they get repetitive. I really found this one to be different though because I think it actually took the time to develop while a lot of the other ones I have read are rushed.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous review!! I loved this too. My review posts on Monday. Though the beginning and end result are very common to NA books, I still loved the emotion and characterization. JLA has a way of making you totally fall in love with the characters and really invest your feelings into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I know what you mean about it being common to most NA books but I think this story just developed more than most of the other NA books I have read. I also love JLA's writing style and I was completely invested in these characters. I will have to read your full review. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)