Monday, March 11, 2013

Blog Tour Review: Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington

Emblaze (Violet Eden #3)
By: Jessica Shirvington
Released: March 5, 2013
Source: E-book from Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Once again Violet Eden faces an impossible choice ... and the consequences are unimaginable. Violet has come to terms with the fact that being part angel, part human, means her life will never be as it was. Now Violet has something Phoenix - the exiled angel who betrayed her - will do anything for, and she has no intention of letting it fall into his hands. The only problem is that he has something she needs too.  Not afraid to raise the stakes, Phoenix seemingly holds all the power, always one step ahead. And when he puts the final pieces of the prophecy together, it doesn't take him long to realise exactly who he needs in order to open the gates of Hell. With the help of surprising new allies, ancient prophecies are deciphered, a destination set and, after a shattering confrontation with her father, Violet leaves for the islands of Greece without knowing if she will have a home to return to.." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I was so excited to start Emblaze because I really enjoy this Violet Eden series. I love how each book keeps getting better and better in this series. I enjoyed Embrace but really enjoyed Entice more. Now, however, I think Emblaze is my new favorite in the series.

Violet keeps on developing more and more with each new book as well. She continues to deal with a lot ever since she learned she is part angel. She is a realistic character still to me though.

Then there is Lincoln and Phoenix. I have loved Lincoln since the first book and one of my only complaints about this book is that there wasn't enough Lincoln. However, I'm starting to lean towards Phoenix now too. I'm not a big fan of love triangles and when I do choose one guy, I tend to stick with that guy throughout the series. There is just something about Phoenix though. I think with each new book, I am starting to understand him better.

The plot was paced well and I finished this book in a couple of days. I love how everything is all coming together now. From the beginning I was immediately hooked back into this world and I was excited to be reunited with these characters again. I'm happy it wasn't too long ago that I last read Entice so the plot was still pretty fresh in my mind. I loved going to a new setting in Greece in this book. The previous book took place partially in Jordan, so it was great to go somewhere new again.

The plot had some great twists and I think that is what made me enjoy this book even more than Entice. I had a feeling where the story might go next, but I loved how it all played out and I was still taken by surprise. I just can't wait to read the next installment in this series now! Overall I really enjoyed Emblaze and I think this series just keeps on getting better. I definitely recommend checking out this series because the whole angel mythology is great.

My Rating:

7 comments:

  1. I wasn't the biggest fan of Embrace, but I LOVED Linc so I stuck it out and picked up Entice and I really enjoyed Entice. I liked that Violet wasnt as whiny and that she is really coming into her own. I was never a big Phoenix fan cause I cant forgive the crap he pulled in the first book, so I'm curious as to why you say you are leaning to him now. It also saddens me to hear that there could be more Linc in this one. Great review and I hope to get to this book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I hope you get the chance to read this one soon. I had the same feelings about Phoenix because I really hated him after the first book. I feel like in this one though I'm starting to understand him more. I still want her to be with Linc though. :)

      Delete
  2. This series sounds great! I've been meaning to read it forever. I'm glad you enjoyed the third book!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to pick it up Jesse! I'm not always a big fan of angel books but I love the mythology behind this one.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to see that this series is still good with the third book. I have the first two, but haven't read them yet. I will eventually get to them. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Hope you enjoy them when you get the chance to read them! :)

      Delete
  4. So interesting to see that you are starting to change sides... takes a real talent on the author to do that.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)