Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #86: Siege and Storm


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Siege and Storm (Grisha #2)
By: Leigh Bardugo
Release Date: June 4, 2013

"Darkness never dies. Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long. The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved Shadow and Bone and I can't wait to read the next book in this series.

22 comments:

  1. I see this book everywhere! I seriously need to read Shadow and Bone. It must be really good if it's everyone's WOW post lately. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very popular choice! Sadly, I've not got to read the first one yet.


    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing this book everywhere as well. I still need to read the first one. I will get on that sooner rather than later. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my post. Please check it out.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first one is still on my TBR list. Everyone seems to be really hyped about this series. Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I have to still read Shadow and Bone I am still super excited about Siege and Storm.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Shadow and Bone. Can't wait for this one too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Shadow & Bone yet but I've heard only good things about it, so I'm sure this series will live up to my expectations! Hope you enjoy this sequel, and thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have to read the first book in this series. I know, I'm so bad. Great WOW choice.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. *runs in circles* I am dying to get my hands on this book! Shadow and Bone was so so so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TBR check! I hope this one takes it to the next level. The last one was the teensiest bit slow paced.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the first book, but have heard it's really awesome. This seems like a book a lot of people are dying to get their hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Shadow and Bone but haven't gotten to read it yet! I can't wait though! NEW FOLLOWER
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this was my pick a few weeks ago! Great choice!

    Diayll @ Mother/Gamer/Writer
    http://empyreanedge.com/archives/8501

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't had the chance to read book one yet but I'm really excited about the series. I hope you enjoy reading this one when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. An exciting choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I can't wait for this one! I'm so excited! I wish they'd already come up a finished cover already! Super fantastic pick!
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, yes. Very eager for this one as well. Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was mine last week! I cannot wait for that book!! Great choice! Here's mine for this week. http://christyscozycorners.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-3-light-by-michael.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want this one so badly! Shadow and Bone was one of my favorites of last year and I'm dying to see what happens next!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't WAIT to see what happens next!!! Bring on the Darkling! You know I'm ready to forgive that bad boy with the skimpiest excuse of an excuse. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)