Thursday, January 24, 2013

Torched by Andrea Lynn Colt

Torched
By: Andrea Lynn Colt
Released: September 2012
Source: E-book from Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review 

"Rose Whitfield's senior year just went up in smoke. Instead of having a blast with her best friend, her cheerleading squad, and her boyfriend Ryan, she's framed for arson. Popularity and criminal records don't mix, apparently. Luckily, Rose knows who's framing her: Paxton Callaway. Paxton and Rose have spent years locked in a war of practical jokes. This time he's gone too far. Rose sets out to prove her innocence, win Ryan back, and take Paxton down hard. Not necessarily in that order." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed Torched and couldn't put it down! This book is just filled with drama and it's great.

Rose is in her senior year of high school. She is a cheerleader and at the top of her class academically. However, she is then framed for burning down her boyfriends family boat. She is determined to find out who is framing her and she suspects that it's her neighbor Paxton. Rose and Paxton have had a ongoing prank war going on for years.

Rose was a believable teenager. I didn't like her all the time but I was definitely on her side still. She goes from being popular one day to everyone thinking she is an arsonist the next. I liked that she doesn't give up on trying to find the truth though. Rose certainly develops a great deal through the course of the book. There are plenty of side characters too. Some I hated and others I really liked.

The plot was great and paced really well. I especially loved the voice it was told in. It just made the story flow smoothly. It's dramatic and funny at the same time. I definitely think that Colt nailed what high school is like.

I really enjoyed the whole mystery of finding out who framed Rose as well. It was fun trying to figure it out. It wasn't as obvious as I was expecting it to be in the beginning so I really enjoyed the ending of the book.   

Overall, Torched was an enjoyable and quick read that was filled with drama and a mystery. I definitely recommend picking this one up!

My Rating:

24 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds interesting and your review has me super curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh!!!! Loved this book so much ;-)) so happy to see more exciting reviews ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you hear you loved this one too! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a really fun read! I always love a story where the popular girls falls from grace and has to deal with the outcome of it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! It was definitely a fun read for me.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one before but I'm really wanting to give it a try.
    Great review :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good. Thank you for your thoughts and for giving me my first look. I love a dose of mystery, so that part is appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it if you do decide to check it out! :)

      Delete
  6. Rose sounds like a great character. Lovely review.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I bought it for my kindle, just haven't gotten around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like mysteries so I may have to check this one out! I don't think it was on my TBR before. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that the mystery was good and kept you in suspense. This book sounds good and unique!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a different story and refreshing after reading a few paranormal stories.

      Delete
  10. I love this cover and the book sounds so good. I haven't read many reviews for it, but so far they seem really good. I will have to read this one at some point. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, this one sounds good. Going to have to add this to my TBR list! Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of this book, sounds like it would be a nice, enjoyable quick read!! I haven't seen it around, and if you liked it I know I have to give it a try :D I just looks really good!!!


    Great review!! Oh yes!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)