Thursday, January 10, 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)
By: Veronica Rossi
Released: January 8, 2013
Source: ARC from NYCC
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both. Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night? In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Through the Ever Night is an excellent sequel to Under the Never Sky. I loved Under the Never Sky so I had high expectations when I began this book, but it definitely exceeded those expectations. I love everything about this series from the world to the characters and then Rossi's writing.

Aria and Perry haven't seen each in months and a lot has changed. Perry is now the Blood Lord of the Tides and Aria is on an important mission. Aria and Perry have developed so much from the beginning of Under the Never Sky. Aria, especially, has grown up and become so much stronger. Both of these characters just feel real and so does their relationship. Their relationship isn't perfect and they have a lot going against them.

I was also happy to see the return of some old characters, especially Roar. I loved seeing more of him in this book. I also enjoyed meeting new characters and learning more about the Tides.

The pacing was great and I quickly finished this book in a few hours. I just couldn't put it down. There were even a few twists that left me shocked. The chapters once again alternated between Perry and Aria and it just works so well for this story. It gives you the chance to get to know each character better and also helps move the plot along more smoothly.

I love this world that Rossi has created though because it's so fascinating. I liked that she brought us back to places from the first book but also to some new places as well. Overall, I loved Through the Ever Night and highly recommend this series. It's a story filled with great characters, a captivating plot, and a world that you won't be able to forget about. I will definitely be waiting on the edge of my seat for the next book in this series!  

My Rating:

18 comments:

  1. Great review. I adored Under the Never Sky and I'm eager to read this one. I look forward to learning more about the Tides and more Roar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to start this series, I have to get my hands on a copy of this soon, it sounds like you really enjoyed both books! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I cannot wait to read this book, and like you, my expectations are high. I'm so glad to see that TtEN exceeded yours :D I'm so excited!
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just skimmed this because I still need to read Under the Never Sky (which I really must do soon) but from what I gather it sounds like an amazing book and that makes me even more excited to start the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read Under the Never Sky soon and that you love it too! :)

      Delete
  5. Great review Traci! I agree, the pacing was perfect and I was surprised by a few things as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. More of Roar, you say? I must admit that I was kind of lukewarm on the first book, but I absolutely loved him and now I'm feeling a pull to read the sequel, haha. We'll see! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I hope you enjoy this one if you do check it out. Have you read the short story yet because that is all about Roar.

      Delete
  7. I haven't started this series yet, but I'm really wanting to. Great review :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse! I hope you enjoy it when you do get the chance to start it. :)

      Delete
  8. I cannot wait to read this one!! I loved your review! I definitely love the world that Rossi created, too. She is a power to just pull you into it, love that! I can't wait to get some Perry time in!

    Great Review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! I hope you love this one too and yes there is lots of Perry! :)

      Delete
  9. Great review!And it seems like there's really none of the symptoms of sequel-sickness in this book :) So many people love it already! I can't wait to start reading Through the Ever Night...thankfully, it's on my shelf already :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)