Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron

My Favorite Mistake
By: Chelsea M. Cameron
Released: September 29, 2012
Source: Purchased E-Book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him. On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late. Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love. But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed My Favorite Mistake and finished it in one sitting. This story took me on a emotional ride and I just really enjoyed getting to know these characters.

I admit that Taylor was quite an intense character and it took a good amount of the book for me to actually like her. She was just a bit too defensive for me and it came across as rude. However, the more she was developed, the more she grew on me. I just needed to know more about her past to understand why she was so defensive and closed off.

I pretty much just loved Hunter from the beginning though and I loved how he was developed. I especially liked learning more about his past too. I also really loved all of the side characters, like Taylor's other roommates.

I had a feeling I would like this book after reading the synopsis and I was happy that it turned to be even more than what I was expecting. The plot was paced and developed well. I loved how this story made me laugh one moment and then tear up the next. There definitely were some funny moments that arose between Taylor and Hunter as they shared a room. However, It definitely touched on a heavy topic too. I loved though then that it also just made my heart swell.

Overall My Favorite Mistake was a story that was even more than what I expected and I just couldn't put it down.

My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. Great review! Not sure if this is one for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this book, I thought it was okay.. But not every book is for everyone :) I have to agree with you Taylor was a bit defensive, and Hunter, I liked him, but I couldn't fall in love with him like I usually do with guys like him. I usually fall pretty hard for his type :) But, Great review Traci!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! I remember reading your review for this one and I totally understand what you meant.

      Delete
  3. This one definitely sounds good. It reminds me a little bit like Beautiful Disaster from the synopsis. Glad you enjoyed this!!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse! I'm actually planning on reading Beautiful Disaster soon.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a book I would really enjoy! Thanks for the great review hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I freaking loved this book!! I wish hunter was real. I would so recommend this book. Perfect. I might read it over and I never do that.

    Marlene Detierro (Cash Advance Fee)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)