Monday, January 14, 2013

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

Fallen Too Far
By: Abbi Glines
Released: December 14, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"To want what you’re not supposed to have…She is only nineteen. She is his new stepfather’s daughter. She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother. But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no. Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that… Blaire just may have fallen too far" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I liked Fallen Too Far but, I really did want to love this book more. I've read quite a few of Abbi Glines' books and I always find them to be enjoyable. I definitely started this one with high expectations though because the summary itself just sounded fantastic. I absolutely loved some aspects of the story, but overall it just felt like something was missing and it left me wishing for more development.

Blaire was definitely a tough protagonist to say the least. She has been through a lot but she takes care of herself. I completely respect her for that and for her strength. She is going to move in with her father, who she barely has any contact with, and his new family. That is where Rush comes in.

Rush is her new stepbrother and it didn't take much for me to fall for him too. He has his own secrets and his own past. The chemistry between Rush and Blaire is definitely there from the beginning. However, I wish that there was a bit more development between them.

The plot was paced fast and I read this book in one sitting. There is a great blend of romance and drama that kept me hooked. There was even a good twist too that I didn't exactly expect. I'm definitely dying to read the sequel now ,though, because I loved the last few chapters the most.

Overall, I definitely suggest Fallen Too Far to any Abbi Glines fans and to anyone looking for a quick and captivating book.   
 
My Rating:

16 comments:

  1. Personally, I thought Rush and Blaire's relationship was a bit underdeveloped, but I ended up really loving the other aspects of the novel so I'm just happily turning a blind eye. This was my favorite of Glines' novels (I really didn't like the others!) and I'm sad that you didn't like it as much as I did. Make sure to still read the sequel though! ;)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely loved the story itself and the whole concept but just wanted more development. Definitely reading the sequel and I'm really excited for it after reading the teasers that Abbi has posted on her site.

      Delete
  2. I bought this book this last week as well as it was on offer on amazon! I haven't read it yet though. glad to hear that even though you only gave it 33 stars you're wanting to read the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Sorry you didn't like this book as much as you'd hoped. It sounds like a good book and Rush just sounds amazing :) I still need to read some Abbi Glines books! I wanna get in on what everybody is talking about! Great review!
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millie! Rush is definitely amazing so I hope if you do pick it up you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  4. I just got this book last week and I have been super excited to start it. See I finally read The Vincent Boys and gosh I fell in love. Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy this one as much as you hoped you would but I'm glad you like it enough to stick with the series! Thanks for the honest (and great) review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! You will probably love this one if you loved the Vincent Boys. I wasn't too crazy about The Vincent Boys.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any Abbi Glines before but I'm really intrigued by this book. I have been meaning to give her books a try and love the concept of this one :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them if you do check them out Jesse. I have read a couple of her books and so far I definitely liked Fallen Too Far the most.

      Delete
  6. I've been seeing a lot of hit or miss with this one. That's a bummer about the relationship not developing as much as you hoped. I might give this one a try at some point. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do enjoy it if you do check it out Sara!

      Delete
  7. I finished this book last week and I feel pretty much the same way as you! I think my only other problem was that at areas it was more adult than new adult? That aspect doesn't bother me - it's just I wasn't expecting it and I almost let my little sister read it! :O (well she's a freshman in HS and it doesn't really matter, but still.)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha! I was worried that I was the only way who felt this actually. Also yeah I definitely saw this book as having a more adult than new adult feel at times.

      Delete
  8. I have been really looking forward to reading this one. It's too bad that it wasn't as good as you were hoping, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I can't wait to finally find time to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)