Monday, January 7, 2013

Crash by Nicole Williams

Crash
By: Nicole Williams
Released: July 19, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of. For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Crash has been on my list to read for months now after several people have recommended it to me. I'm definitely mad that I waited so long to read this book because it was so good. I couldn't put it down and stayed up late to finish reading.

The moment I read that the character names were Lucy and Jude, I knew I would love them just for their names because I'm a Beatles fan. Lucy was a really great character because she first comes across as this perfect good girl, but she isn't that at all. Lucy has her own past that she is dealing with, but she is trying to set herself on the right path. She is also really passionate about dancing which I completely related to. 

Then there is Jude, who I admit, totally scared me at times. He has his own troubled past and he has a temper. I wasn't sure what to make of him for a good portion of the book. At times I was swooning for him and then at other moments I was mad at him. The chemistry between Lucy and Jude is definitely present from the beginning. However, I just wished for maybe a bit more of development between them because I felt like there was just something missing. Don't get me wrong, they were both realistic characters and their relationship was realistic as well, but I just kept feeling like it was lacking some development at times.

The plot itself was completely captivating and immediately hooked me in. It flowed really well from page to page. Some moments were predictable, but there was still a twist that caught me by surprise. Crash definitely tackled some heavy topics too. Jude and Lucy both have messed up pasts and have gone through a lot. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Crash and I can't wait to start reading the next book in this series soon. I definitely recommend Crash because it's a story that will be difficult to put down.   

My Rating:

20 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I actually just finished this book as well. I really enjoyed it, but I also thought they were missing something in book 1, but I really, really enjoyed book 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely planning on starting book two soon so it's good to hear that it's good!

      Delete
  2. *high five to a fellow Beatles fan*

    I hadn't heard of Crash before but it sounds really good and it sounds like you really enjoyed it. Will add it to the to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing, I need to read it soon. Jude sounds like an intriguing if scary character.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it if you check it out Brandi! :)

      Delete
  4. Great review! I've been wanting to read this book for a while now, too. All I've heard has been positive reviews and all. So glad to see that you enjoyed it!
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! I'm so glad you liked Crash. I loved this book and I love Jude. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jude can be a bit scary, but he is pretty awesome, too. A very intense character. I am so happy you finally read it!! It really is a good book :) So glad you liked it!!

    Great Review, Traci!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! Also thanks for the recommendation for this one! :)

      Delete
  7. I've been seeing this one everywhere lately and have even wanting to read it. I love your review and can't wait to see what kind of relationship Lucy and Jude have for myself!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse! I hope you enjoy it if you check it out! :)

      Delete
  8. This one has been on my TBR for quite awhile. How did I miss the character's names? That is super cute. I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won a copy of this but haven't read it yet. It sounds like I should try and get round to it quick! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked this one and I have the next one and need to read it. I was a bit put off by Jude, but I am hoping that he changes a bit and lets go of some of his anger and mostly his aggression and learns to keep his temper in check. Nothing is a bigger turn off than a possessive male that has temper issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I really liked the story too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)