Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blog Tour Review: All The Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen

All The Broken Pieces
By: Cindi Madsen
Released: December 11, 2013
Source: E-book from Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"What if your life wasn’t your own? Liv comes out of a coma with no memory of her past and two distinct, warring voices inside her head. Nothing, not even her reflection, seems familiar. As she stumbles through her junior year, the voices get louder, insisting she please the popular group while simultaneously despising them. But when Liv starts hanging around with Spencer, whose own mysterious past also has him on the fringe, life feels complete for the first time in, well, as long as she can remember. Liv knows the details of the car accident that put her in the coma, but as the voices invade her dreams, and her dreams start feeling like memories, she and Spencer seek out answers. Yet the deeper they dig, the less things make sense. Can Liv rebuild the pieces of her broken past, when it means questioning not just who she is, but what she is?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed All the Broken Pieces and the only word that comes to mind when I think about this book now is intense. This book started off intense and only got even more so as the story progressed.

Liv is starting again in a new town after a accident that has left her with no memories. She has no memory of her past and her parents aren't very open about discussing it either. Liv became such an interesting character because of this though. She is experiencing everything for the first time. I'm also trying to piece together her past alongside her. I also really liked the character Spencer. Spencer was definitely an intriguing character because he is so standoffish in the beginning but it's clear that he has some mysterious past as well. I liked how his secrets were revealed and I like how this relationship begins between Spencer and Liv because it just came across as natural.

The plot immediately hooked me in from the first page because it starts with Liv waking up with no memory. I like that there is a mystery to solve in this story and there were definitely moments that left me shocked. It took some time to get used to the writing style at first because Liv has these interactions with a voice inside her head. However, once I got used to it, I think that it made Liv a much more strongly developed character. The high school setting felt real to me, especially how the cliques are divided.

Overall, I really enjoyed All The Broken Pieces and definitely recommend it. This story is captivating, mysterious, honest, and even has some unexpected twists. 


My Rating:



About Cindi Madsen: Cindi Madsen sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she’d be even crazier. She has way too many shoes, but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they’re sparkly, colorful, or super tall. She loves music, dancing, and wishes summer lasted all year long. She lives in Colorado (where summer is most definitely NOT all year long) with her husband and three children.


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I am going to be reading this one next week. I have read Cindi's other books and really enjoyed them. She's a fabulous writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I hope you enjoy it too. I haven't read any of Cindi's other books actually but definitely will now.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this one, I loved the mystery aspect of what really happened to Liv, but more so I loved the romance between her and Spencer. It's not often that I read a book where the relationship develops over time, and their scenes were just so adorable. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I definitely loved the relationship with Spencer and they were adorable! :)

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing great things about this one! I may have to give it a go. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I liked the book also.

    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm happy to hear you liked it too! Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  5. This book looks really good. I fell in love with the cover the first time I saw it and I'm really glad you enjoyed the story so much!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one before but it certainly sounds good! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed Liv and this story as well.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting read. I'm not a huge mystery lover myself but I'm glad to hear this is worth while because I know a few people who would enjoy it. Will have to recommend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)