Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #79: The Originals


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

The Originals
By: Cat Patrick
Release Date: May 7, 2013

"A riveting new story from Cat Patrick, author of Forgotten and Revived. 17-year-olds Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey Best grew up as identical triplets... until they discovered a shocking family secret. They're actually closer than sisters, they're clones. Hiding from a government agency that would expose them, the Best family appears to consist of a single mother with one daughter named Elizabeth. Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey take turns going to school, attending social engagements, and a group mindset has always been a de facto part of life... Then Lizzie meets Sean Kelly, a guy who seems to see into her very soul. As their relationship develops, Lizzie realizes that she's not a carbon copy of her sisters; she's an individual with unique dreams and desires, and digging deeper into her background, Lizzie begins to dismantle the delicate balance of an unusual family that only science could have created." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm looking forward to The Originals because I really enjoyed Forgotten and I think this one sounds really interesting.

 

22 comments:

  1. Hadnt heard of this one but Im going to check it out for sure.
    Feel free to view by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me but the blurb is pretty interesting.Triplets but clones.I like it!!!
    check out my My WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cat Patrick's writing, her stories are always amazing. This one definitely sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good to me. And I like the cover a lot!

    Check out our WoW.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really good. I hadn't heard of this one, but now I want it as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of that book.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised I didn't already have this on my TBR. I really enjoyed Revived earlier this year and was able to meet the author at a local event as well. I still need to read Forgotten, but I have a copy already so hopefully it won't be too long. But this new novel sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Forgotten. I'm adding this one to my To Be Read list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the cover is intriguing! Going to check it out now. Awesome pick =D

    Following your blog. It looks awesome!

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an exciting choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fantastic! I can't wait!
    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked Forgotten, so this is automatically on my to read list. It sounds great!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that sounds like an intense read!!! Haven't heard of this one but it does sound interesting!!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really interesting! I'm interested to see how the clone aspect is tackled. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh haven't heard of this one! I'll have to look into it! Thanks fore stopping by my post :)

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds amazing! I love the clone plot. The cover is pretty cool as well. Great pick. :]

    Stop by my wow!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooo clones... thats different! Haven't heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The ripped or broken cover faces seem to be making a trend. I think this one sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't really like Revived, but this does sound like a really cool concept to write about--I might just read it! Good pick! :D
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this on sounds very intriguing! Revived was interesting to me, but ended up being flat. This sounds much more promising though. Great pick!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Cat Patrick! I can't wait to read this one! So excited! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick! I think this one sounds really interesting :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)