Monday, November 12, 2012

Speed of Light by Amber Kizer

Speed of Light (Fenestra #3)
By: Amber Kizer
Released: November 13, 2012
Source: Netgalley
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Fans will be thrilled with the up and coming book in the Meridian trilogy as the romance between Meridian and Tens heats up. And Juliet returns, but her obsessions leave her open to evil exploitation. Meridian Sozu is a Fenestra, an angel infused human, destined to transition souls into the next world. Together with Tens Valdes, her soulmate and Protector, they've made a home in Indiana, making sure the dead safely enter the light and aren't stolen by the Dark, known as the Nocti. Upon rescuing Juliet Ambrose from her terrible childhood, Juliet has become vulnerable without her Protector and grasps at any hope to find her parents, even when it's offered by a proven Nocti, Ms. Asura. Juliet is now faced with the horrible choice between uncovering her past and having a future. Meanwhile, time may be running out for the hundreds of thousands preparing for the festivities surrounding the Indianapolis 500 car race. As centuries of secrets are revealed, the battles will pit Light versus Dark. Not all with survive as Meridian, Tens, and Julie join forces to try to thwart a potential tragedy" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Speed of Light is another great addition to the Fenestra series. I really enjoy this series because I love the whole concept of the Fenestra's who help the souls of the dead. I loved that this book started with a prologue that did an excellent recap of the previous two books. There were a few details I had forgotten about so I always love when a book can refresh the reader's mind before diving into the story.

I really like how Meridian has developed over the course of the series. She is much more mature and responsible in this book. She wants to be there for Juliet and help her in any way she can. I found Meridian to be too overbearing for Juliet at time and making too many decisions for her. However it is just because she wants what is best for everyone. Then there is Tens who I have loved since book one. I love how the relationship continues to grow stronger between him and Meridian too. I also like that they have settled and stayed in Indiana.

I love how the chapters alternate between Juliet and Meridian because I like getting to know more about Juliet. Juliet is also a Fenestra but grew up in a terrible foster home. Also the alternating chapters provide an interesting way to contrast them because they are both so different and deal with their gift differently too. 

I found the plot moved along quite slowly for the first half of the book. The plot spent a great amount of time dealing with the consequences of everything that happened in the previous book. Also it was spending time on developing the characters, especially Juliet. However the second half of the book had a good amount of excitement and action. The slow start didn't necessarily slow me down from reading because I still finished this book within a day though. I'm definitely going to be looking forward to the next book and seeing where this story will go next. Overall I really enjoyed Speed of Light and found it to be a great continuation to Meridian's story. 

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I have actually never heard of this series, but it sounds really good. Great review chick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It was actually one of those series I found by accident like 2 years ago and love it :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds very good! I think I remember hearing about this series but never read it! Great review :)

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)