Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
By: Tammara Webber
Released: May 25, 2012
Source: From Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all? When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life. Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound. When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Easy was such a great story and I just love these characters. I have been reading more of these New Adult books lately and loving them. Easy is definitely another book to add to the list.

Jacqueline just broke up with her boyfriend and is now stuck at the college he chose to attend. However one night after leaving a party, she is assaulted by a guy she knows. Lucas, a boy she has class with, stops him though. Jacqueline was a great character and she is developed strongly over the course of the story. She is stuck with the choice of following her boyfriend to a college she didn't necessarily want to attend in the first place. She has so much to deal with but she's strong. Another great character was Lucas. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with him. However, he has a secret past.

Easy was a really captivating and realistic story from the first page. I loved how the plot developed at a great pace. The relationships and character development all felt real and never rushed. Some aspects of the story were predictable but I didn't necessarily mind that it was.

It was a heavy book to read at times though. Webber does an excellent job at handling the topic of sexual assault. I especially liked the scenes where Jacqueline learns how to defend herself. I definitely plan on reading another book by Webber soon. Overall I strongly recommend Easy. It was a powerful story with excellent characters that will be difficult to forget.

My Rating:

28 comments:

  1. I loved Easy! I agree - Webber did a good job in writing about assault and rape, and I love how much Jacqueline grew throughout the book. Great review, Traci! :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying to read this for ages. I bought it not too long ago for my kindle. Can't wait to get to it. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review - I loved this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Easy so much! The chemistry between Jacqueline and Lucas was practically palpable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you loved this one too Sandra! I definitely agree the chemistry with Jacqueline and Lucas was great!

      Delete
  5. Oh now I am even more excited to read it. Every time I see a review for it it gets me so much more interested and makes me want to drop everything and read it now. Awesome review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so many good things about this book, and can't wait to read it. Glad you enjoyed!
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this book and I am so glad you enjoyed it as well. I think it is safe to say that it is one of my favorite reads this year. Webber did an amazing job with this story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Glad to hear you loved it too! Definitely one of my favorite contemps of the year!

      Delete
  8. I really loved this book and thought that, even though the plot revolved around a sensitive topic, Webber handled it in a way that felt, not only realistic, but inspiring. Great review :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really liking the New Adult trend lately too. I still need to read this one though, but I look forward to it. I'm glad the author handled such a sensitive subject well. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I feel like I've mostly been reading New Adult books lately, I love them! :)

      Delete
  10. Ohh! I'm really into new adult books as well! I haven't read this book because I've been waiting to buy it on paperback but I haven't seen it anywhere... Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha! I actually haven't seen at my local bookstore yet either but I'm hoping they get it in soon!

      Delete
  11. Yep. I'm pretty sure I'm officially one of the only ones that haven't read this one. Lol! Glad you enjoyed this one :) It's good to know that the author handled the darker and deeper situations with care. I don't break into the New Adult genre that often but this one's been tempting me for months now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol then you must read it soon! :) I felt like I was the only person who hadn't read it too! Happy I did now though! Hope you enjoy it too!

      Delete
  12. I have this book to read, so it's great to hear that it's such a good book. The feedback from this book is definitely good so I'll have to read it soon.

    Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Livvy! Hope you get the chance to read it soon and love it! :)

      Delete
  13. I need to get my hands on a copy of this book! I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed it, I'll definitely be reading this soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Easy is one of my favorite reads this year, such a great book!! And I agree, it is very captivating and the story is very realistic! Not only was the story realistic but so were the characters, which I loved!! So glad you enjoyed this book!!!

    And fan-freakin-tastic review!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! Yay glad you love this one too! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)