Friday, November 23, 2012

Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Rigg

Casey Barnes Eponymous
By: E.A. Rigg
Released: January 1, 2012
Source: E-book from Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review 

"It's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide. For Casey the newfound attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed reading Casey Barnes Eponymous. When I first read the summary for this book, I had a feeling I would like it because I'm a big music lover. I love books that can incorporate music into the story and this book does just that with an interesting approach.

Casey Barnes loves music and she creates these playlists for her fellow classmates. She also plays music and dreams of being a rock legend. Casey is a girl I would have liked to be friends with in high school. She has great taste in music and she is a fun character. I wish she could make me a playlist. She isn't a major troublemaker but she has her moments too. Overall Casey is realistic because she makes mistakes. She develops well throughout the book. There are several other great characters. I especially loved getting to know Ben, Yull, and Leigh.

I was easily hooked by this story within the first few pages. However then I found that the pacing was okay. Some moments slowed down a bit while other moments went too quickly. The characters were still developed well though. I finished this book rather quickly because I cared about these characters.

This story was also realistic about high school. Casey and her friends are growing up. There are several topics that teens experience that are brought up in this book such as sex. Then there is the relationship that Casey shared with her ex-boyfriend. There are plenty of guys like Alex out there. Overall I really enjoyed Casey Barnes Eponymous and I definitely recommend this to any music lovers!

My Rating:

20 comments:

  1. I love books that incorporate music as well! I'm a huge fan of all genres... well almost all genres, so I love when authors are able to mix it in with the story. Fantastic review! I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha! I'm a big fan of books that can incorporate music into the story too!

      Delete
  2. This is one I'm adding to my tbr pile! It sounds like a fun read, especially as there's music involved too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. the story sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost always like "rock" books. As long as there aren't pages and pages of lyrics! This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the cover of this book! I'm usually iffy about books about music. If they're done right they're amazing. If they're done wrong they can't be pretty cheesy. In glad to hear this one was good! Great review :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse! I love the cover for this one too!

      Delete
  6. OOOO!! I've never heard of this one before! Will definitely check it out!!

    Nice review

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this book but I'm really liking the sound of it. I always enjoy when music is incorporated into the story especially when it's good music. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard some good things about this book and am wondering if it will be picked up by a larger publisher at some point. Thanks for the great review.
    - The Reading-ista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could definitely be a possibility! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds great! It seems like she is a very realistic character. I love the idea of her making playlists for the other people, sounds really cool. Great review hon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a wicked cute contemporary! I like music of course, but I'm not hugely into it like others. Still, I can definitely appreciate it being intertwined in novels. Awesome review! Casey does sounds like a cool friend. I want a playlist too!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)