Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #71: Deep Betrayl


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Deep Betrayl (Lies Beneath #2)
By: Anne Greenwood Brown
Released: March 12, 2012

"Once you dive into Deep Betrayal, the sequel to Lies Beneath, you won't come up for air! It's been thirty days, two hours, and seventeen minutes since Calder left Lily standing on the shores of Lake Superior. Not that she's counting. And when Calder does return, it's not quite the reunion Lily hoped for. Especially after she lets her father in on a huge secret: he, like Calder, is a merman. Obsessed with his new identity, Lily's dad monopolizes Calder's time as the two of them spend every day in the water, leaving Lily behind. Then dead bodies start washing ashore. Calder blames his mermaid sisters, but Lily fears her father has embraced the merman's natural need to kill. As the body count grows, everyone is pointing fingers. Lily doesn't know what to believe—only that whoever's responsible is sure to strike again. . . ." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm really excited for Deep Betrayl because I loved Lies Beneath and I can't wait to read what will happen next!

17 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you for spotlighting it! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one!! I shall put this on my TBR pile. I didn't realise book 2 had a cover:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read the first book but this looks like an awesome series. Like the cover as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read Lies Beneath but this book seems really interesting. I hope you'll get it soon!

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book yet so I don't know anything about the story but there's something in this summary that just stops me from getting all too excited.. Oh, well, I guess I'll read both books at some point but in the meantime I hope you like book two when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Lies Beneath yet so I'm gonna have to start with that first. Great pick!

    I'm a new follower - here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Lies Beneath on my TBR list. I'm adding Deep Betrayal! Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Lies Beneath, but wasn't crazy for it. I will probably read this one though just to see if I like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to read a mermaid novel but I have heard great things about the first book, Lies Beneath! I am definitely very curious about the genre and will have to check them out at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, haven't heard of this before but it sounds good! I'm tempted to pick up the first book. New follower. :)

    Audrey @ Her Fiction Fix (WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I cannot wait to read this one! Great pick! I absolutely loved Lies Beneath. :)
    Cheers!
    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't read Lies Beneath. I really need to read it soon, since I've heard really great review for this one. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the cover plus it looks like a great read. feel free to stop by and check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick. Sounds like something I need to read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wasn't a fan of the first book but the cover is definitely pretty!

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)