Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #69: Going Vintage


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Going Vintage
By: Lindsey Leavitt
Released: March 26, 2013

"When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow. Lindsey Leavitt perfectly pairs heartfelt family moments, laugh-out-loud humor, and a little bit of romance in this delightful contemporary novel." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm so excited for Going Vintage! It sounds great and I love contemporary books!

20 comments:

  1. Aw this sounds like a cute idea. I like the idea of a simplier time where the world didn't revolve around reality tv and junk that is out in the world right now.

    I hope you enjoy this once you get a chance to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen this one around before and I recall really wanting to read it. (That definitely hasn't changed.) Thanks so much for the reminder. I've got it on my wishlist now. Have a great day!

    My WoW,
    Kathy Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound very interesting. I hope you enjoy it.

    Here's my WoW

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovee the sound of this. Awesome title, too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the title of this book. I don't read a lot of contemporary YA but this one I'm for sure going to check out. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    http://theparanormalpalace.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing. Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the blurb :) I don't read a lot of these kind of books, but I'm definitely going to give this one a shot!

    WoW @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy...I like the title. I love anything VINTAGE. :)

    I am looking forward to reading LIVE BY NIGHT by Dennis Lehane and CITY OF WOMEN by David R. Gillham

    NEW BLOG FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is on my list too! I think it sounds really cute, and that cover is soooo fun! Great pick this week!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a cute read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-gilded-wings-angel.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am usually not a fan on contemporary but I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By far my favorite cover I have seen today, so fun! Looks like this is going to be a great book.

    Crazy Book S...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds like such a fun read, I love the concept of it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been pretty excited about this one since I first laid my eyes on it! Awesome choice! Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish this was coming out sooner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a great book. I love the premise of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so looking forward to this book. It sounds fantastic and the '60's style cover is to die for!

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already have this one on my to-read list but I'm not all that excited about it. It sounds good though and I hope you enjoy it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. never heard of that one, but didn't seem my kind of book either.
    :)
    WoW Post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)