Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time Between Us
By: Tamara Ireland Stone
Released: October 9, 2012
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility. As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Tamara Ireland Stone makes an excellent debut with Time Between Us. I really enjoyed this story and found it to be a romantic and captivating book.

Anna lives in 1995 in Illinois and she thinks her life is boring. She dreams of traveling the world and getting out of her town one day. She was a character that I could easily relate to from the beginning. Anna's life changes when she meets Bennett who is the new kid at school. However Bennett is actually from the year 2012. I really enjoyed getting to know Anna and Bennett more through the course of the story. I especially liked how their relationship developed at a good pace. 

Stone does a fantastic job with explaining time traveling. I loved that it was explained slowly so I wasn't overwhelmed but I also wasn't left completely confused or in the dark about what was going on. The plot was just great and flowed smoothly from one page to the next. There was a great blend of romance and mystery surrounding Bennett. It was a really quick read for me because I didn't want to put this book down for long. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next in Anna and Bennett's story.

I loved the setting too because this story transported you back into the 1990's. It was fun going back in time. I grew up in the 90's so this book definitely made me want to go look for some of my old cds again. Overall I really enjoyed Time Between Us and recommend this romantic story.

My Rating:

14 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit like The Time Traveler's Wife. The Time between Us just sounds so good, and I love a good romance :) I love that it takes place in the 90's, too. Those were the good ole years!

    Great Review girl!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! That reminds me I still haven't seen the movie. Hah I miss the 90's! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good! I love a great romance! ;) Thanks for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I am super excited to read this one. I'm glad that the time travel is explained well :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse! I was so relieved that the time travel was pretty easy to understand.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found the time travel not confusing and paced out well. That's important in a time travel book for me. Also happy to hear there is a good blend of romance and mystery. I have been dying to read this so I get excited to read such a great review. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about time travel books too! Thanks Sara!

      Delete
  5. Gah, I really want to get around to read this soon. I'm always up for a good time travel tale and I feel like this will be right up my alley. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a sucker for romantic time travel stories. This one sounds really great! And the 90's is an added bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for to read this book! I love books about time travel and romance (which is why THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE is one of my all time favourite books). Great review, I'm so happy to hear that this story is well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I really need to read The Time Travelers Wife soon.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)