Friday, October 26, 2012

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush #4)
By: Becca Fitzpatrick
Released: October 23, 2012
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn—but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

(*This review contains spoilers from the previous books in the series)

Since the beginning I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this series. There were some things that I absolutely loved and other aspects that I wasn't too crazy about. I was so happy though when I picked up the third book Silence because I loved it and it saved the series for me. That being said, I was really excited about Finale for months. The moment I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down. Finale has now definitely become my favorite book in this series. I was not expecting the last book in this series to be my favorite but it is now.  

Nora has grown and developed over the course of this series. She is now the leader of the Nephilim though and the war with the fallen angels is beginning. Nora became even tougher in this book and I loved that. She's beginning to train to fight and is demanding to be involved. I liked Nora a lot more in this book too, even when she makes a few mistakes. 

Then there is Patch, who I've been kind of in love with since the first book. The relationship between Patch and Nora is also stronger in this book. It's not perfect but they are becoming like a team now. There were several other familiar faces that returned in this book but there were also some new characters introduced. I especially loved seeing the return of Vee and Scott though because they are two of my favorites.

The plot was paced well and I never found myself losing interest. Out of the entire series, Finale was the book that I completely lost myself in. I was even a bit sad when I got closer to the end. It began with a really great recap of everything that happened in the previous books. The plot was really exciting though and there were a few twists that I didn't see coming. I found there was a good balance of action and romance. It also wrapped up everything really well and at a good pace. It answered all of the lingering questions I had left. Overall I really loved Finale and I found it to be an excellent ending to this series. I will definitely miss these characters! 

My Rating:

19 comments:

  1. Yes! I, too, love this series, but there where things that I also didn't like! A love/hate relationship is a prefect description!
    I also really enjoyed that Nora has grown, the second book I felt she just came off as a bit whiny and she kind of got on my nerves. So, I was happy to see that she has grown and put more faith in Patch. Speaking of that hot stud!! :) I have loved that bad boy since the first book!!
    And you are right, Patch and Nora have definitely become a team.
    Finale is probably my absolute favorite one of the series too and I am so sad to see it end. But it did end well!

    Great Review Traci!!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! I'm glad you loved Finale too! *Swoon* Patch <3

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you really liked this book! I think the title is kind of cheesy but since I really loved Hush, Hush and Crescendo I think I definitely want to finish this series! Great review :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I wasn't too crazy about the title either when I first heard it. I definitely recommend this though if you loved Hush, Hush. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't read your review because I still need to read Silence but I am so glad you liked it! It gives me lots of hope on what I will think. I am really looking forward to finally catching up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this series. I have since the first moment I picked up Hush, Hush. I'm sooo glad you liked Finale and it was your favorite. I'm so excited to read it :)

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to devour this book this weekend. It is one of my all time favorite series and I have a serious love affair with Patch. I cannot wait to see how it all wraps up. I have been dying to read this book for months now! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear this is a good one! I loved book one, almost hated book two, and book three saved the series for me as well. I can't wait to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Book three definitely saved the book for me too. Hope you love it too! :)

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to read this one, especially since you say it's your new favorite, but I still need to read book 3! Glad to hear this series got an amazing ending---it's been a good one from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyy I'm so glad to hear that this is a good one!!!! I can't wait to read it, but I don't want it to be over! :(

    Anna
    Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so sad to say goodbye to these characters! :)

      Delete
  9. hey, the book has not come out than for me, a little sad, but the people dying in finale

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVED the Hush Hush series! And the ending, which is not always the case with a series! Great review!

    Marlene Detierro (Irvine Divorce Attorney)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)