Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity (Covenant #3)
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: November 6, 2012
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

""History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. " Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate..." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Every new Jennifer L. Armentrout book I read just gets better and better. I already loved the Covenant series but I really loved Deity and it has easily become my favorite book in the series.

Deity was just amazing from beginning to end. The story picks up after where Pure left off. Alex is one of my favorite book characters and she just continues to develop and change in this book. She is tough and has survived quite a lot. She makes mistakes though and must deal with the consequences of what happened in the end of Pure. Alex is also approaching her eighteenth birthday which is also when her Awakening will occur.

Then there is Aiden and Seth. I love both but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't enough Aiden in Pure. However in Deity, there is a lot more Aiden. I loved seeing him more involved in the story again and I think I love him even more than I already did. Seth was also involved in this book quite a lot. Another character that I was really happy to see more of in this book was Deacon, Aiden's brother. Several other characters also make an appearance again.

The plot was captivating from the beginning and it was easy for me to finish this book in one day. Then again, I don't think there has yet been a Jennifer L. Armentrout book that has taken me more than one day to read. Her writing once again just easily pulls me in. There are even some funny moments involving Alex that had me laughing out loud. Also there is a great blend of action, drama, and romance in this book. I especially enjoyed the action scenes.

I love where Armentrout took this series next in this book. There were plenty of twists throughout that I never saw coming. Some moments especially left me completely shocked. I will definitely be waiting on the edge of my seat for the next book in this series because I can't wait to read what will happen next. I strongly recommend Deity and the Covenant series because you won't want to miss out on this exciting story!

My Rating:



(*Note: I intern at Spencer Hill Press but I did not work on this book in any way.)

10 comments:

  1. I'm reading this next and I'm so excited for more Alex and Aiden and Seth! Glad to hear this is a wonderful as the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh - 6 more days 'til Deity comes out. I can't wait! I'm glad to hear that we get to know more about Deacon, and that Seth is still a big feature in this book. #TeamSeth, baby! ;) Ahhhhh - looks like there are a lot of twists and turns in the book. I HONESTLY can't wait! (Yes, I know I said that already..) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES!!! NEEEDDD!!!!!!! :D And I'm so excited to see a lot more of Aiden! I'm all for Aiden! And I agree, it's Jennifer's writing style that just makes me consume her books, she's very talented. I"m so excited to read this one! I really really need it!!!

    Thanks for that wonderful review girl! I'm dying now!! Ha ha

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read the first book in this series@ I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read these books LOL! Great review though!!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! I hope you get a chance to read it soon! :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome review! I am dying to read this book. I cannot wait to see what happens. I too love Aiden so I am very happy to hear that there is much more of him in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes there is lots more Aiden :) Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)