Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blog Tour: Entice by Jessica Shirvington

Entice (The Violet Eden Chapter #2)
By: Jessica Shirvington
Released: September 4, 2012
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Violet Eden is Grigori - part angel, part human. Her destiny is to protect humans from the vengence of exiled angels. Knowing who to trust is key but, when Grigori reinforcements arrive, it becomes clear everyone is hiding something. Even Lincoln. The only thing Violet does know: Phoenix's hold over her is more dangerous than ever. The race to find the one thing that could tilt the balance of power brings them all to the sacred mountains of Jordan, where Violet's power will be pushed to the extreme. And the ultimate betrayal exposed." (Summary from goodreads.com)

 

I really enjoyed Entice and thought it made a great sequel to Embrace. I actually enjoyed this one even more than Embrace because I think the pacing was much better. I really enjoyed Embrace but I had found that book to be mainly focused on setting up this world so I liked that there was much more going on in Entice.

Violet is a powerful Grigori now but she is still continuing to grow. I like Violet because I think she's realistic even though she is part angel. She has definitely grown a great deal since the previous book and is becoming stronger both physically and emotionally. Violet has grown on me as a character as well and I liked her a lot more in this book too. I like how she is learning more about the Grigori and still trying to find some sort of balance between her life as part angel and her normal life.

Then there is Phoenix and Lincoln. I really like both of these characters a lot. Phoenix is a complex character for me because there is so much more to him than what I originally expected. I especially wanted him to be in this book even more actually. I was happy to see more Lincoln even though he was hiding some things from Violet. I also liked learning a bit more about his past. There were several new characters introduced in this book too and I loved getting to meet some new and interesting faces.

I found the pacing to be a lot better in this book. It still slowed down a few times but I still found myself anxious to know what will happen next. That being said, I still finished this book rather quickly. I thought there was quite a bit more action which made it even more exciting. I also loved traveling to Jordan with the characters. There was definitely some romance too. Some parts of the plot were predictable but there were still a few things that managed to catch me by surprise. 

I really love this series for the angel mythology though. It's really detailed and explained well. I like how it's broken down and even though I still have questions, I'm not entirely lost. I love how there are always new things to learn about the Grigori. I'm definitely anxiously awaiting the next book in this series because I can't wait to read where this story will go next. Overall I recommend Entice because it's a great and exciting sequel.  

My Rating:

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this one even more than the first. I love it when the sequel is just as good as the first book :)

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks so much for this great review! It really made me want to read Entice again. It's been sitting on my shelf for a month now and although I loved Embrace I haven't picked it up yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not often that I like a sequel more than the first book but this is definitely one where it got so much better. I know what you mean about the pacing being better, and I can just see the series getting better from here. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I usually feel the same way about sequels too. Happy you enjoyed this one too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)