Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Witch Born by Amber Argyle




Witch Born (Witch Song #2)
By: Amber Argyle
Released: September 5, 2012
Source: ARC from Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review 

"Brusenna thought it was finished. She defeated the Dark Witch, saving the Haven Witches from imprisonment and death. She found love and a place to belong. She was wrong.  Haven is not the sanctuary it appears to be. Even love is in danger of slipping away like water through cupped hands. Some things can't be saved.  A new threat merges with the old as the Witches’ dark history begins to catch up with them. Only Brusenna knows the extent of the danger and how to stop it, though doing so might cost her everything. Including her life. Will Brusenna be required to make the ultimate sacrifice?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Witch Born is an excellent sequel to Witch Song. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book because I really liked the way that Witch Song ended but I really enjoyed this sequel.

Brusenna thinks that she is safe now after everything that happened with the Dark Witch but she isn't as safe as she believes. Brusenna has come a long way since the beginning of Witch Song. She has become a much stronger person as well as a much stronger witch. I like that she isn't perfect though but she always tries to do what is right for the other people around her. Some of the choices she does make in this story were frustrating for me but I did understand where she was coming from.

I was excited to see the return of some familiar characters, especially Joshen. I even wished he was in this book a bit more. I love how the relationship between Joshen and Brusenna continues to develop because it isn't perfect and that just makes it feel realistic. I also enjoyed meeting some new characters as well in this book.

The plot was exciting and jumped right into the story within the first few pages. There were even quite a few unexpected twists that I didn't see coming. Some parts did slow down at times for me but then it would pick back up again. Also there were some moments of this book that gave me a bit of anxiety but in a good way because I care so much about the characters.   

I really loved going on another adventure with Brusenna though because once again I found myself completely lost in the world Argyle creates. The setting is so interesting and I love the details because it is easy for me to visualize while I'm reading. Overall I really enjoyed Witch Born and strongly recommend this series. It's an exciting fantasy adventure.

My Rating:

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book. I honestly haven't really heard much about it so I never thought about it. This really does sound like a good series though. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series, or heard of it, I believe. But I do love that cover! It does sounds interesting :)

    Great Review!

    Magen Corrie
    Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just might have to check this series out! Great review! That is one gorgeous cover, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)