Friday, September 14, 2012

Untraceable by S.R. Johannes

Untraceable
By: S.R. Johannes
Released: November 29, 2011
Source: E-book from Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review 

"16-year-old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival. When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him. One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.  Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved Untraceable and didn't want this thrilling story to end. I have been hearing some things about this book for a few months now and I'm mad at myself for not reading it sooner now. However I am happy that now I only have to wait a little bit until the next book is released.

Grace is determined to find her dad after he went missing months ago. Grace was an excellent protagonist. She's independent, a bit of a tomboy, and loves being in the forest. She is also stubborn and reckless though which gets her into some situations. I liked Grace so much because not only did she feel like a realistic character, but she won't give up on the search for her dad. There were several other characters that I also loved getting to know and found to be realistic.

The plot was exciting and filled with twists. I loved that I was able to dive right into the story immediately and I didn't want to put this book down for long. I love a good mystery and this book definitely provided one. Every time I thought I figured out the mystery of what happened to Grace's father, I was proven wrong. I love that it was also difficult to figure out which character could be trusted. The last half of the book especially had my heart racing and I felt like I couldn't read it fast enough.

I also loved the setting in the Smokies. I'm not much of a nature person but I loved the details of the forest. At times I even felt like I was hiking a trail alongside Grace. Overall I loved this book and I will be highly anticipating the sequel. I strongly recommend Untraceable, this story  will keep you on the edge of your seat.

My Rating:

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really good. I have had this book for a while and just haven't really given it a second thought. I will definitely have to read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you liked it! only one more week from monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! Dying to read what will happen next! :)

      Delete
  3. I love when an author can describe settings in detail and make you feel like you are there. This sounds like a really great book, I definitely want to feel like I am hiking alongside Grace like you did, I think that would be such a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a great adventure Andrea! I hate hiking but I loved every moment that took place in the forest in this book!

      Delete
  4. oh I need to read this one soon, especially after this review! I'm glad you adored it, especially not wanting it to end. That's always awesome. :)

    ashelynn @ gypsy book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love a good mystery. And a character so committed to finding her father is admirable. I'll be adding this to my TBR, thanks! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Hope you love it and the main character was definitely great!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)