Friday, September 7, 2012

The Wild Ones by M. Leighton

The Wild Ones
By: M. Leighton
Released: August 1, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Passion as hot as midnight in the South and love as wild as the horses they tame. Camille “Cami” Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. She has a pedigree that rivals some of her father’s best horses. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life and her future.  But that was before she met Patrick Henley.“Trick” blurs the lines between what Cami wants and what is expected of her. He’s considered the “help,” which is forbidden fruit as far as her father is concerned, not to mention that Trick would be fired if he ever laid a hand on her. And Trick needs his job. Desperately. His family depends on him. The heart wants what the heart wants, though, and Trick and Cami are drawn to each other despite the obstacles. At least the ones they know of.  When Trick stumbles upon a note from his father, it triggers a series of revelations that could ruin what he and Cami have worked so hard to overcome. It turns out there’s more to Trick’s presence at the ranch than either of them knew, secrets that could tear them apart." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I probably would have never picked up The Wild Ones if it hadn't been for some fellow bloggers. I kept hearing about this book so I caved in and I'm so happy I bought a copy. I simply loved this book and from the moment I started reading, I couldn't put it down.

Cami and Trick made excellent and believable characters. Their relationship was really realistic as well. I especially loved that they were in college because it helped make it easier for me to connect to them. Cami and Trick can't seem to stay away from each other from the moment they first meet though. The chemistry between them is evident from the beginning. However any relationship between them is forbidden because Trick works for Cami's father. Trick and Cami are both very stubborn though. I liked that there was a lot more to Cami than what I expected when she is first introduced. It's also difficult to not just fall completely in love with Trick.

I also loved the side characters Rusty and Jenna. Jenna is Cami's best friend and Rusty is Tricks best friend. I liked that they are involved in the story a great deal and it was fun getting to know the both of them more as the story progressed.

I found that the plot was captivating and paced well. Also it has a great balance of romance and drama. There are lighter moments that make your heart flutter but there also moments that tear your heart out a bit. There is a twist that I wasn't entirely expecting to happen too. I thought that Leighton did a great job with alternating the chapters between Trick and Cami. Their voices were realistic. Overall I loved The Wild Ones and definitely recommend it to mature readers who love a romantic contemporary story.


My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am just thrilled, thrilled, thrilled that you enjoyed it! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review!! I loved this book so much!! I am so glad that it's getting the recognition it deserves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I adore this book and I have to agree with everything you said!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Review!!! I loved this book!! It was definitely captivating!


    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)