Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shine (Shade #3)
By: Jeri Smith-Ready
Released: May 1, 2012
Source: Purchased E-Book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed. Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past. As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Shine was an excellent ending to one of my new favorite series. I admit I was a little hesitant about picking up Shine after the way Shift ended. I didn't know where Jeri Smith-Ready would take this story next but I am happy to say that Shine is my favorite book in the series now.

Aura and Zachary are finally uncovering even more about the Shift. Aura's life is definitely changing drastically. I love how much Aura has developed over the course of this series though. She has grown to become much stronger and more confident. I also really enjoyed getting to know Zachary even more, especially in Shine. I felt that he was developed much more strongly in this book too.

I loved seeing the return of other characters from the previous books but I also loved meeting some new characters. I particularly enjoyed getting to know Martin. Another aspect of Shine that I really enjoyed was the change in setting. I enjoyed seeing the characters interacting in a new and different place. 

The plot was exciting and picked up instantly within the first few pages. I was immediately lost in this story and finished it rather quickly. The plot also included several unexpected twists that I did not see coming. I loved how everything started to come together but it was definitely not how I thought it would. When I think back on everything that happened in Shine, I feel like a lot happens. However while reading, I never felt overwhelmed. Once again I need to mention how much I love the music that is mentioned in this story. I love having a playlist to listen to while I read. Overall, Shine is a great conclusion to a captivating and romantic series with characters you can't help but fall in love with. It's sort of bittersweet to say goodbye to this series already because I have grown quite attached to these characters. I strongly recommend the Shade series though because it's one of my new favorites. I definitely plan on reading more by Jeri Smith-Ready in the future and of course rereading this again soon.

My Rating:

6 comments:

  1. I really, really loved this one. Like I gave it my special, not even on the chart rating because I loved it so freaking much.

    I now want to reread it. It's such a great conclusion that I don't even. ALL THE LOVE FOR THIS SERIES. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you loved it too! I definitely want to reread this series too already! <3 Zachary

      Delete
  2. I only skimmed this because I am reading Shift right now and I don't want to spoil anything for myself. I am glad to see that you really enjoyed this one though! Now I am excited to get through Shift and get to Shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until you finish Shift and then read Shine. I hope you love them too and I will be on the lookout for your reviews! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this series as well and it quickly became a favorite for me. If you want to read more by her I highly recommend her adult PNR, the WVMP Radio series. I fell in love with those books!

    Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa and thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely love to read more by her so will be adding the series to my list! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)