Monday, September 10, 2012

Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Cursed
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: September 18, 2012
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows. Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved Cursed and read this book in one sitting. Jennifer L. Armentrout has once again written another book that I have fallen in love with. I'm already a huge fan of her previous books so I went into this book with high expectations and Cursed was even better than I could have expected. Cursed had everything that I love to read in a story: an interesting supernatural element, great characters, and a well developed plot.

Ember was in an accident a couple of years ago and died but her little sister brought her back to life. However now Ember's touch is deadly. Besides her deadly gift, she is also trying her best to raise her little sister. Ember is a character that I easily connected with early on. She will do anything for her little sister. I particularly loved the relationship she has with her sister. Ember is balancing a lot all at once but she is tough and I admire that.

Then there is Hayden, the mysterious new guy that shows up and claims he can help Ember. Armentrout has also once again written another male character that will having you swooning. I loved the way that Hayden and Ember's relationship develops. There were also plenty of other interesting characters that I really enjoyed getting to know.

The plot is paced well and I was hooked by the first page. I really enjoyed learning about the different gifts, especially Ember's gift. Armentrout does an excellent job with balancing just the right amount of action, romance, drama, and mystery. Some parts were predictable but there were still some other twists that I was not expecting.

One of the reasons I'm such a big fan of Armentrout is because of her writing. It is so easy to get completely lost in this story and lose track of time. There were even several lines in this book that have definitely stuck with me. Overall, I strongly recommend Cursed! It's another great book by Armentrout that you won't want to miss out on!  

My Rating:




10 comments:

  1. I LOVED CURSED, TOO!!!! I really enjoyed Ember and definitely Hayden. You are right, JLA just knows how to write amazing swoon worthy guys!!
    I love Jennifer because of her writing style, too!

    Absolutely loved your review!!!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to read Cursed! Especially after your review. I am dying to meet another one of Armentrout's swoon worthy male characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review!! I had my review for it today too!! JLA just rocks. I really enjoyed this book too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Happy you enjoyed it too and heading over to check out your review next :)

      Delete
  4. awesome review . i lov the color . cool paranormal stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still yet to read any of Jennifer's books but you have me wanting to read Cursed - Ember sounds like a great MC and I'm keen to meet Hayden, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Jennifer's books when you do have the chance to read them because they are all great!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)