Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #63: The Lives We Lost


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

The Lives We Lost (Fallen World #2)
By: Megan Crewe
Release Date: February 12, 2013

"First, the virus took Kaelyn’s friends. Then, her family. Now it’s taken away her home. But she can't look back—the life she once had is gone forever. A deadly virus has destroyed Kaelyn’s small island community and spread beyond the quarantine. No one is safe. But when Kaelyn finds samples of a vaccine in her father's abandoned lab, she knows there must be someone, somewhere, who can replicate it. As Kaelyn and her friends head to the mainland, they encounter a world beyond recognition. It’s not only the “friendly flu” that’s a killer—there are people who will stop at nothing to get their hands on the vaccine. How much will Kaelyn risk for an unproven cure, when the search could either destroy those she loves or save the human race? Megan Crewe's second volume in the Fallen World trilogy is an action-packed journey that explores the resilience of friendship, the ache of lost love, and Kaelyn’s enduring hope in the face of the sacrifices she must make to stay alive." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really liked The Way We Fall and I'm excited to read the next part of this creepy story.

13 comments:

  1. Interesting choice. I hope you enjoy your new books. Great pick. Come visit me too.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first book, but I must get to it before this one comes out. It sounds awesome!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about The Way We Fall, but I haven't picked it up yet; it's definitely on my TBR list though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked The Way We Fall, but I'm so glad there's a sequel! Great pick!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read the first one yet, but this sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have to read the first one. I have it, just haven't gotten to it yet. I like the cover for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i also have not read book1. gr8 wow. i hope you get it soon

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first book, but this series sounds amazing! I'll definitely be adding it to my tbr pile.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this series, but after seeing that, I think I should!! Sounds like my kind of book! Great Pick.

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Magen Corrie
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to get started in the first book!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have not heard of this but it looks really good.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)