Monday, August 27, 2012

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shift (Shade #2)
By: Jeri Smith-Ready
Released: May 3, 2011
Source: Purchased E-Book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"In the second book of the Shade trilogy from Jeri Smith-Ready, Aura is torn between the two boys who hold her heart—and determined to unravel the secrets of the Shift. Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one at her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift. She’s not the only one seeking answers, though, and danger grows as she discovers new truths. Who can Aura trust with her secrets? And to whom will she give her heart?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Shift makes an excellent sequel to Shade. I loved this book and read it in one sitting. The story picks up immediately after where Shade left off. Aura is not only torn between Zachary and Logan but she is also learning more about the Shift. I liked that Aura was developed much more strongly in Shift. She is growing up but still dealing with a lot.

Normally I'm not a big fan of love triangles in books. However, I love how it works in this series. I love both Logan and Zachery and I can understand why Aura is torn between the two of them. I was thrilled to see more Zachery in Shift though because I got to learn more about him. I also loved seeing more of Logan's family this time.

I think I enjoyed the plot in this book more than Shade because I thought it was even more exciting. I felt that the plot was paced much faster and there were quite a few unexpected twists. I also loved how it developed more strongly and where Jeri Smith-Ready took this story next. I love the concept of the Shift and I really enjoyed learning even more about it. 

This book definitely made me cry again though like Shade did. Some moments broke my heart but there were some fun and lighter moments still too. I also loved the music in Shade so I was happy to see more music in Shift. Overall Shift is a strong and exciting follow up to Shade.

My Rating:

6 comments:

  1. I just finished this book last night and you are right. Shift is much faster paced than Shade and it is a one sitting read kind of book! Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I loved Shade and I've been wanting to read Shift so bad ever since. Sadly, I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet. Oh, if you cried that means I might cry in this one!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millie! I hope you get to read this one soon!

      Delete
  3. I have been hearing/seeing so much about this series! I'm intrigued.. I guess I need to add it to my TBR pile :)

    Great review!

    Magen Corrie
    Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! I hope you love this series too! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)