Friday, August 10, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Onyx (Lux #2)
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: August 14, 2012
Source: E-ARC from Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard. Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s. But then everything changes… I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I completely loved Onyx and I don't even know where to start this review. I have waited a few months before I even started to write this. I'm always just a bit hesistant starting a sequel to a book I love but Onyx makes a great sequel. Once again Armentrout has written another book that I just love. I feel like my reviews of her books are starting to become repetitive because all I can do is just gush about how much I love them. The Lux series is becoming one of my all time favorite series though. This series just has excellent and likable characters and an exciting plot. Onyx picks up shortly after Obsidian and now Katy and Daemon are connected.

Katy is one of my favorite book characters because well first of all she is a book blogger. However she is also a character that is just easy to connect with. She is tough and can stand up for herself too. She is continuing to change and develop in this book though.

Then there is Daemon who is probably my all time favorite male character. I can't help but love Daemon and Onyx just made me love him even more. He can be completely infuriating at times but there is just something about him. I loved how much he was involved in this book and I especially enjoyed seeing another side to him. I also love the relationship between Daemon and Katy. However it grew much more complicated in Onyx because of their connection.

There were also some new characters introduced who I really enjoyed learning more about. Although the only thing I didn't like about Onyx was that there was not enough Dee. I loved Dee in Obsidian and wished she was more involved in this book.

The plot captivated me from the first page and held my attention until the end. I couldn't help myself but read this book in one sitting. I just loved every moment of it. I loved the action, the drama, the romance, the heartbreak, and the hilarious moments. I found Onyx to be paced even better than Obsidian because the plot picks up even quicker. I never expected where Armentrout was going to take this story next. By the time I finished this book, I was in shock. It is hard for me to decide but I think I may have loved Onyx even more than Obsidian.

I will be anxiously anticipating the next book. I can't wait to see where Armentrout will take these characters next. While I do wait though, I will be rereading this book again a couple of times. I strongly recommend Onyx as well as the first book in the series, Obsidian. You won't want to miss out on these books!

My Rating:

7 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read Onyx! I am eagerly awaiting my delivery from The Book Depository. There is something so alluring about Daemon, and Katy is a great character. I love that she is confident and secure. So many YA female characters are insecure and fall over themselves when a cute guy walks in the room. Thanks for the great review and for getting me excited to read Onyx!

    Oh! Paper Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you love Onyx when you get your copy! :)

      Delete
  2. oh how I love Daemon in this one. I loved him in Obsidian too, but he is just so much more swoony when he is being nice too. Awesome review!! I am dying for Opal!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and omg I'm so dying for Opal! Didn't think it was possible to love Daemon anymore than I already did but definitely loved him even more after this book!

      Delete
  3. Awesome review!!!
    I seriously need Opal!
    I'm trying to write my review for Onyx.. and dear lord, it's hard.
    I can't put into words the awesomeness that is this book!!!
    I know I'm gonna be reading and reading Onyx so many times between now and when Opal is released!
    And Katy and Daemon!!! *Fans myself*

    Your review rocked!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! The wait for Opal is going to be tough! I've already read Onyx twice and still need to read it again. Also this review was so tough to write. I read this back in May and didn't write my review until July because I just couldn't put my love for this book into words.

      Delete
  4. There was a lot of action an suspense and I love the chemistry between Kat and Daemon but sometimes Kat bugged me. Why do all the heroines have to be stupid. Some of her decisions were questionable at best and at times I found my self yelling at my kindle... which doesn't happen often. She does has some redeeming qualities and I love daemon... smart mouth and all. The story was compelling enough to make me continue on and pick up the third book.

    Cath Brookes (Skagway Alaska)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)