Tuesday, August 14, 2012

False Memory by Dan Krokos

False Memory
By: Dan Krokos
Released: August 14, 2012
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn't at all surprised by Miranda's shocking ability. Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn't easy--especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving. Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn't seem to matter...when there may not be a future."(Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved False Memory and couldn't put this book down. I don't even know where to begin this review because I don't want to give away too much. The one word that does come to mind when I think of this book though is that it was awesome. I found that False Memory was just my kind of book and it read like a movie for me. It starts immediately on the first page and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very last page. At times I felt like I couldn't read this book fast enough because I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next.

Miranda wakes up with no memory of who she was and I loved learning about her past alongside her. She was a character that I instantly liked and I really enjoyed how she was developed. She turns out to be an all around awesome protagonist.

Peter is the stranger that seems to know all about who Miranda was before she lost her memory. Peter explains that Miranda was a part of a team along with her boyfriend Noah and friend Olive. I loved getting to know Peter, Noah, and Olive because their team was like a family. After finishing this book, I wished I was a part of their team too.

The plot is exciting from the beginning to end and paced very well. I loved every single twist because I rarely saw them coming. I liked how Miranda's past unraveled as the story progressed. I admit I wasn't entirely sure what to expect when I first picked up this book but it was even better than what I imagined. Some parts could get confusing but keep reading because it will all click and make sense when you least expect it. There was plenty of action but still a good amount of drama and romance mixed in there too. Overall I loved False Memory and will be highly anticipating the sequel. I strongly recommend this book, you won't want to miss out on this exciting and action-packed story! 

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to pick up a copy of this one! And twists you don't see coming? Sounds perfect! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read this book now!!
    Your review was amazing and you described the type of book wonderfully!
    I love when a book can keep you on the edge of your set from beginning to end! Love that!

    Great Review as always!
    :D

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)