Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #59: Fathomless


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Fathomless
By: Jackson Pearce
Release Date: September 4, 2012

"Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo. Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality. When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm really excited for Fathomless because I have really been enjoying mermaid books lately. Also I love a good fairy tale retelling!

23 comments:

  1. I love Jackson Pearce's books, and I can't wait for this one as well.
    http://readerwithvoice.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    Carson @ Reader with Voice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mermaids... This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing, Traci :)


    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have to read this one the cover and the summary hold the promise of a goodr read :) Great pick and thanks for introducing me to a new author and book!
    Check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this book but it seems promising :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jackson Pearce! I can't wait to read this book! :)

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover for this book so much!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these mermaid books have something in them that sounds creepy or scary! What happened to happy mermaids? :D This sounds good (and creepy and scary). ;)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh mermaids... I haven't read any books about them but I love the TV shows :). This sound really interesting and I'd love to read it when it comes out. Great pick.
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, I absolutely can't wait for this one. I loved Sisters Red. I still need to read Sweetly, but this one looks so good <3 I like the cover.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read this one as well - mermaids have been making me happy even if they aren't happy themselves.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. There seems to be a lot of mermaid books coming out. Great WOW pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome! I love the cover! :D I am putting this in my TBR list.

    Here's My WoW post! 

    Btw.....I'm a new follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds like a great read, plus I love Jackson Pearce's writing.

    Here is our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover. This sounds like it would be a pretty good read. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2707

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds interesting. I haven't read anything by Jackson Pearce yet. Thanks for sharing.

    Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love fairy tale retellings too and this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cover of this novel and while I haven't read any mermaid books yet, I'm hoping this one will be good!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo, I love mermaids! And this cover is great! Awesome pick this week. :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, that book sounds freaking amazing!
    Awesome pick!!!
    Putting that in my TBR pile!

    :)
    My WoW

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have yet to read a mermaid book! I am so nervous about them, afraid I won't like them. This does sound interesting though! When I do decide to give one a try, I think I will have to ask you where to start. :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ummmm YES! I am dying to read this one. I heart Jackson Pearce's writing so much, and I loved her first two books of retellings; Sister's Red and Sweetly. Thanks for sharing :) Happy reading.

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been seeing mermaid books pop up here and there, in fact I have Lies Beneath in my cue to read. This one sounds really interesting.

    Here's my WoW: http://theliteratipress.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesay-3.html?showComment=1342667888318#c9187993794008693157

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)