Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #57: Splintered


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Splintered
By: A.G. Howard
Release Date: January 2013

"For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before. When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm really excited for Splintered because it sounds so good and I'm interested in anything involving Alice in Wonderland.

22 comments:

  1. Oooh, I had seen the cover for this before, but I don't think I had read the summary. I love the idea of this since it's not a retelling of Alice -- just a new direction altogether. Plus, yes, the cover is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog partner chose this for her WoW last week or the week before. I love this cover and the Alice in Wonderland retelling sounds really interesting.

    Talk Supe WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book a lot a few weeks ago. Great choice, Traci. I love Alice spinoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this one sounds sooo good! I'm really curious as to how the author portrays this new Wonderland and all the 'creepy counterparts' haha :) Fantastic picks and thanks for sharing!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Alice in Wonderland and this looks like it's gonna be amazeballs. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice in Wonderland scares me, but this does sound really good. Maybe I'll check it out some time in the future! If I can get over my childhood fear of Wonderland, of course :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of this one & the synopsis sounds intriguing!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice In Wonderland- I am hooked. Already added to my to-read list. Great choice!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! I am totally excited for this one!! I had it as my WoW a little while back too. Great pick!! Oh, and the cover is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait FOR this one!! COVER LOVE + Alice in Wonderland feel = SOLD

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in for an Alice based story!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh this sounds interesting. Always like some of the re-tellings of Fairytales.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds so freaking good! I cannot wait to read it!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book looks awesome and the cover is stunning. I can't wait to read it.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read this one too, I am absolutely in love with the cover for it! It just sucks that we have to wait so long for its release!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one definitely looks like something I'm going to enjoy! I'm really looking forward to it :D Great pick!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the line "Welcome to the real wonderland" alone makes this a must read, right? Waaah!! Excitement! <3

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh Splintered cover looks awesome. I saw this one on Net Galley if I'm not mistaken? Great pick! definitely looking forward for this one!

    Please drop by my WoW

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks awesome! I've never heard of it until now. Definitely adding it to my TBR. Great pick!


    Mind checking out my WoW?
    -Danie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love anything that has to do with Alice in Wonderland! Can't wait for this book

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks good! There are a few Alice inspired books coming ... there's another one with zombies, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, love your blog! I found it from a Waiting on Wednesday site. I am a new follower, I would love a follow back http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)