Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Tiger Lily
By: Jodi Lynn Anderson
Released: July 3, 2012
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . . Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell. Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter. With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart." (Summary from
goodreads.com)
I loved Tiger Lily and I already can't wait to read this book again. I'm a big fan of the Peter Pan story and I was so excited to read this refreshing twist on the story. Tiger Lily is the story of Tiger Lily who meets Peter Pan and falls in love.

The story was narrated by Tink and I absolutely loved it. She made an excellent narrator and I enjoyed how she looked at the world and characters. Tiger Lily made such an excellent protagonist. She doesn't fit in very well in her village and they are afraid of her. She is tough, strong, and brave though. She will do anything for the people she cares for. I admit I was worried that I wouldn't love her character because Wendy was one of my favorite characters growing up. However by the time that I was halfway through this book, I was fiercely rooting for Tiger Lily.

Then there were plenty of other characters in this book who I was already familiar with. There was of course Peter Pan, Hook, the Lost Boys,  the mermaids, and Smee. Peter Pan is another character I have already loved for years and it was fun to read another take on him. I liked that the typical characteristics that I have already associated with Peter were there but also Anderson made him a more complex character.

The plot was captivating and paced really well. It was hard to put this book down for long. I loved going on a new adventure in Neverland. There was action but also drama and romance. This book was also beautifully written. I just loved the way that Anderson wrote this story and the descriptions of characters and Neverland. It was so refreshing to revisit some of my favorite characters from my childhood but with a new spin. I strongly recommend Tiger Lily, it was a fun and exciting story you won't want to miss!  


My Rating:


12 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one Traci! I loved Tiger Lily and am hoping to re-read it soon as well!(: Like you, I really enjoyed Tink's narration. I think she brought something unique and interesting to the story and I loved that! Great review! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keertana! I'm glad you loved it too! Tink definitely brought something different to this story. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so looking forward to getting this book. Great review! I've read several reviews from previous Wendy fans who were won over by Tiger Lily! I'm so excited this is told in Tink's perspective. I bet she sees so much since she can't talk:)
    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! I hope you love it and yes Tink definitely has an interesting view on things. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome Review. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know it was told from Tink's perspective. Makes me want to read it even more. Will have to consider buying a copy sooner rather that later. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read this book! I've heard great things!
    It seems like a great twist to the Peter Pan stories!
    And of course your review made it just seem amazing!

    Great Review and Happy Reading

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! It was a great twist on the Peter Pan story. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm dying to read this one. So glad you loved it. Tink is my favorite in the Disney movie... and pretty much all the adaptations. I have a Tinker Bell pillow and just love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it too then! I love Tink too and used to dress up like her as a little kid and Wendy too of course. I loved the Peter Pan movie :)

      Delete
  6. OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! Did it just break your heart?!?!? It broke my heart. Ugh even thinking about it breaks my heart!! AHHHH Great review :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Seriously this book tore my heart out and stomped all over it. Loved every second of it though!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)