Monday, July 30, 2012

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

The Vincent Boys
By: Abbi Glines
Released: October 12, 2011
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton Gray has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He’s the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, dangerous in ways she’s only day dreamed about, and the one guy she should stay away from. Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big nice home, or his position as quarterback. He loves him like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer’s girlfriend. Even if he has loved her since the age of five, Ashton is Sawyer’s girl, so therefore she’s off limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, decides she wants to get into trouble. Stabbing the one person who’s always accepted him and stood by him in the back, is the cost of finally holding Ashton Gray in his arms. Is she worth losing his cousin over?.... Hell Yeah." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I liked The Vincent Boys and it was easy to finish this book in one sitting. Ashton is trying hard to be perfect for her parents and her boyfriend, Sawyer. Sawyer and his cousin, Beau, have been Ashton's friends since childhood. However once she started dating Sawyer her friendship with Beau fell apart. Ashton misses the days she used to cause trouble alongside Beau though. She wants to please everyone but she ends up judging herself too harshly throughout this story. 

Sawyer is Ashton's boyfriend and he goes away for the summer. I really struggled to like Sawyer unfortunately. I don't know what it was about him exactly but I just found it really hard to like him. Maybe it was because he wasn't in the book all that much. While he is away though, bad boy Beau and Ashton grow closer. I liked Beau a lot but I just couldn't fall in love with him either.

The plot grabbed my attention on the first page and held it until the end. I thought some parts were paced a bit too quickly. However I liked that the chapters alternated between Ashton and Beau. I also liked learning about the friendship Ashton, Sawyer, and Beau once shared. I really did want to like this book a lot more but I unfortunately struggled to like or connect with the characters and I had some issues with the plot. Overall it was an enjoyable and quick read though. I will probably still read The Vincent Brothers because I actually really liked Ashton's cousin, Lana.

My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. Good Review! I've had my ups and downs with this book, should I read it or not.. I still haven't picked it up and I'm not sure if I will. It sounds good though!
    I do love it when books switch pov's between characters!

    :)

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded The Vincent Boys last week! Haven't had a chance to start it yet, but I'm looking forward to readin it. I love when the author can get two POV's in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower. I really liked the story. Gotta love bad boys.

    My blog - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH darn! I've heard so many good things about this story that I finally caved and bought a copy to read but now it doesn't sound like the entire story is a great as most people are saying. I'm sorry this one didn't work out for you. Sometimes when I can't connect with a character I put the book down so at least you made it through the whole book.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa! I really wanted to love this book as much as everyone else.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)