Monday, June 25, 2012

A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young

A Want So Wicked ( A Need So Beautiful #2)
By: Suzanne Young
Released: June 26, 2012
Source: Won ARC from Goodreads
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review 

"Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is. After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Suzanne Young's A Want So Wicked and is the sequel to A Need So Beautiful. This time the story follows Elise who is beginning to experience some weird flashes of another person's life. Things only get stranger though for Elise when she is warned about Shadows. She is also finding herself torn between Abe, the bad boy, and Harlin, the new guy in town.

I really enjoyed A Want So Wicked and was definitely surprised by where Young took this story next. Elise was an interesting protagonist. She is a good girl and cares a great deal about her family. I especially loved the relationship she shared with her dad. Her relationship with her sister Lucy is strained at times because her sister is the troublemaker. However, Elise's life is beginning to drastically change when she starts having weird flashes of someone else's life and she also has weird dreams that don't make much sense.

Abe is the bad boy that Elise can't seem to stay away from him. I found Abe to be a really interesting character and I wanted to know even more about him. Then there is Harlin who I already loved from A Need So Beautiful. I was happy to see him again and I found myself falling even more for him.

It took me a while to get into this story because I felt so confused by everything that was going on in the first few chapters. I know that I was already familiar with this world but there was just something about the beginning that was so confusing and I really struggled to get through. That may just be me being impatient though and I think that rereading the first book again could have really helped. However as the story began to develop more, I found myself really getting into this story and it was hard to put this book down. I also love Young's writing, it's gorgeous.

I loved that this time we learned more about the dark side and the Shadows. I was really interested in learning more about the Shadows, especially after A Need So Beautiful. It even got really creepy at some moments. The last couple of chapters were definitely my favorite and I was not expecting the several twists that happened. Overall, I really enjoyed A Want So Wicked and thought it was a great follow up to A Need So Beautiful. I will definitely be looking forward to the next book in this series because A Want So Wicked left me wanting more.

My Rating:

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED this one! Although I have to admit, I was a tiny bit afraid because of where it did actually go. I loved ANSB so, so much.

    Also: ABE! ABEEEE! <3

    great review, Traci! :)

    Ashelynn @ gypsy book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first one, but I have it on my TBR list. Glad you enjoyed this one. Great review hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I really hope she can write another one because I would love to know more about Harlin. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Definitely could use more Harlin! :)

      Delete
  4. I think the most important aspect of this novel was the simple fact that I liked Elise. She's trying hard to keep her family together since her mother died. She has a wayward sister and an absent father. When strange things start happening to her, she questions them. And I liked that she goes to her father. He may be absent, but I liked the relationship they do have. Her sister was interesting too. I think there bond with stood a lot of ups and downs between the two of them. I was sad to see that her sister didn't turn to her in her own troubles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)