Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #53: Survive

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Survive
By: Alex Morel
Release Date: August 2, 2012

"Jane runs away from Life House, a facility for kids with mental health disorders and addictions. She boards a plane to Montclair, New Jersey, though her destination does not matter—she doesn’t plan to be alive when the plane lands. Jane has planned the perfect suicide: she’ll fall asleep on the plane and never wake up. As she’s reaching for her pills in the cabin’s bathroom, the plane hits turbulence. Another jolt, and the engine’s down. The plane crashes into the mountains of Montana, and Jane and a boy named Paul are the only two survivors. What starts out as a death mission quickly becomes a fight for life." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I am looking forward to Survive because the summary sounds so good!

10 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this before, but it sounds thrilling and interesting! It's vaguely reminding me of another story (character going into something with intention of suicide, but then disaster hits and ends up fighting for life...) but I can't quite place it. Regardless, definitely adding this to my TBR - thanks for spotlighting it!

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my WoW pick a while back as well! It sounds so so so good and I can't wait to get my hands on it :) Fantastic pick!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really awesome. I just added it to my TBR.

    My WOW: breathofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have heard of this one before but definitely has an amazing premise! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick that I am going to have to check out!


    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2102

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good!! Fantastic pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited for Survive!! it sounds so good and I LOVE the cover! great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this sounds so good and different. Loving the icy cover, too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this sounds SO good. I'm always interested in books that deal with suicide and this is very much of a unique way...I'm curious to see how Jane deals with herself in such a crazy environment.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will be released this August, what will I do for now is to wait patiently until it comes out to my favorite bookstore':)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)