Monday, June 11, 2012

Rogue Wave by Christie Anderson

Rogue Wave (Water Keepers #2)
By: Christie Anderson
Released: June 1, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"After five months of blissful pretending, Sadie and Rayne are practically the couple of the year. At least, according to Sadie's friends at school they are. But she knows the truth. Their feelings are just an illusion. Now, with graduation and college right around the corner, Sadie realizes she can't put off the inevitable any longer. She has to make a choice. Take the easy way out and run away from her problems, as usual, or move forward with courage and discover her own destiny. But when Ash Hastings, the son of the black-eyed man who almost drove Sadie to her death last November and Rayne's supposed best friend, makes an unnerving appearance in Sadie's life again, the path to her future takes an unexpected turn. And this time, Sadie's life isn’t the only one in danger." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Christie Anderson's Rogue Wave is the sequel to Deep Blue Secret and picks up shortly after Deep Blue Secret. Sadie and Rayne have been pretending to be a couple for months now as a cover for all the time they must spend together. Sadie isn't sure if she wants to let their relationship to continue though. Now However, Ash has returned for revenge for his father and Sadie isn't the only person he wants.

I really enjoyed Rogue Wave and finished it rather quickly. This was the kind of book when I did put it down, it stayed on my mind until I could get back to reading. I wasn't entirely sure where this story would go next after Deep Blue Secret but I was pleasantly surprised with it. Sadie knows that the feelings she has for Rayne are just a side effect of their bond. She is unsure whether or not she wants to continue on with their fake relationship though. I really like Sadie but she could get frustrating at times. I understand why she is hesitant to trust Rayne or anyone else but she repeatedly needs his reassurances.

I love Rayne and I really enjoyed learning more about his past. I especially enjoyed the chapters from his perspective. I'm a big fan of alternating point of views so I love how Anderson does that in Rogue Wave. I also enjoyed the chapters from Ash's perspective and learning more about his past.

My favorite aspect of this series is the concept of the Water Keepers and the Healing Water. It's so different from anything else that I have read before. Anderson does an excellent job of explaining it all even more in this book. After finishing Deep Blue Secret I was still kind of confused about a couple of things. However, Rogue Wave cleared all that up now and I learned even more about this interesting world. The plot got predictable at times but I still found myself surprised by some things that happened in the end. The last couple of chapters were definitely my favorite part of the book. Overall I really enjoyed Rogue Wave and I'm really looking forward to reading book three in this series!

My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. I honestly haven't read either, and this is the first time I am hearing about them.. I am apparently behind the times! They sound rather interesting though! I am going to have to pick them up! - Like you, I like alternating perspectives, so that is a huge plus in my book! Thanks for sharing (:

    Check out my - latest review! :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabby! Glad you enjoy alternating povs also. Hope you enjoy the series if you do pick it up! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this series before but your review definitely has me interested. I love books that you can't stop thinking about, even after you've finished reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)