Thursday, June 7, 2012

BEA Recap

BEA Recap June 5 - June 6

I'm back from BEA and had the most amazing time!

(The epic Mortal Instruments stairs)

Day 1:

(Andrea Cremer signing)
I arrived at the Javitts Center a little before 9 am to get my pass and wait in line for the exhibit floor to open. While standing around waiting I met Sash and Em from Sash and Em and they are both so sweet.


Once I got on the exhibit floor, I walked around a bit and picked up a couple of really exciting books. Then it was time to get in line for Andrea Cremer's signing. I was so excited to meet Andrea because I love the Nightshade series and she was so nice in person. Next up was the Myra McEntire signing which I was also super excited for because I loved Hourglass and Timepiece. Myra was so sweet as well and we talked a bit about Timepiece being from Caleb's perspective.


(Maggie Stiefvator signing)
Later on I went to meet Lisa Mangum at the Shadow Mountain booth. I really enjoyed The Hourglass Door series so I'm looking forward to starting her new book, After Hello. Then I went to meet Jennifer L. Armentrout who I was extremely excited to meet since I'm kind of obsessed with her books. I also love what she wrote in my copy Obsidian

The day went by so quick and before I knew it I was at the last signing of the day which was Maggie Stiefvator. While waiting in line though, I met a group of really awesome bloggers including Ashley from Quixotically Uncharted. Maggie was so great and she was happy to hear that the Shiver series made me cry.



Day 2:

Before I went to Javitts Center, I went to Random House for a breakfast. The breakfast was really nice and the food was amazing. Also I love the Random House building, it's gorgeous inside! While at the breakfast though I met a lot of great bloggers and saw Grace from Books of Love again. 

I made it to Javitts just as the exhibit floor opened and I saw the cover reveal for Becca Fitzpatrick's Finale, which is so gorgeous! Then I headed over to meet Becca and what made it even better were the shirtless guys with angel wings on passing out Hush, Hush bookmarks to people in line. Becca said she was really happy with the cover for Finale though and that it might be her favorite one yet.

(Dark Days Signing: Elizabeth Norris, Veronica Roth,
Bethany Griffin, and Aprilynne Pike)
I walked around for a bit after that before it was time to start lining up for the Dark Day's signing at the Harper booth. While waiting in line again I met some more really awesome bloggers. Time flew by though and before I knew it, I was next in line to meet Elizabeth Norris, Veronica Roth, Bethany Griffin, and Aprilynne Pike. Each one of them were so nice and trying to take their time with each person. Veronica, who I was completely freaking out over meeting, even said she loved the blue streaks in my hair. :)


(With Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Next up I headed over to meet Tiffany Truitt who was really awesome and then it was back to meet Jennifer L. Armentrout again but this time at the Spencer Hill booth. The Spencer Hill booth was one of my favorites though because not only was everyone there super nice, but they were doing giveaways for everyone waiting in line.

(Penguin Booth)
After that I was going to make my way back to autograph alley when I saw that the signing line at the Macmillan booth for Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate was starting to quiet down so I got in line. Both authors were really nice and Michael said that just before the signing he was working on a scene in Light.

As the day was ending I headed over to autograph alley and met Dan Krokos, Tamara Ireland Stone, and James Dashner who were all really nice and I can't wait to read their books.


Overall though I had an amazing two days at BEA and I feel so lucky to have gotten to go to this event at all. I met so many authors who I really do admire and a bunch of new authors whose books I can't wait to start. I also met so many nice people at the booths who were so incredibly helpful. I especially want to thank all of the authors and publishers for being so generous! Thank you also to Random House for hosting the breakfast!

The best part though was definitely all of the amazing bloggers that I met. I already love this community but this experience has only made me love it even more. I know I'm forgetting to name so many of you in this but I hope that I can talk to each of you all again really soon and hopefully see you all again next year!

Look for my weekly update post which goes up on Sunday to see all of the incredible books I got. :)   

16 comments:

  1. It looks like such a fabulous time!! You got a lot of great books signed and met so many awesome people. Can't wait to see your post on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun time Traci! I love how you mentioned Light! I can't wait for that book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I need to catch up on that series hopefully soon! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such an amazing time and one you will never forget! I would love to meet all those incredible authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! You are right, I will never forget this! :)

      Delete
  4. It really sounds like an epic time! Ah, you got to meet Aprilynne Pike and Dan Krokos! I am envious! I really loved False Memory so I can't wait for you to read that one. :) And DUDE. Do you not realize the epic awesomeness of meeting ALL of those authors? And just because I am curious ...how did it feel getting so many books without paying for them? I would imagine ..weird. Lol, I'm glad you got to meet Andrea Cremer ..I'm reading Nightshade now so let's see how that goes.

    Okay, enough rambling. I hope I get to see at BEA next year. I'm already starting to save up dollar by dollar. Happy reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe I met so many authors! Also it totally felt really weird getting so many books. I don't think everything has sunk in yet. It was such a crazy experience. Hope you can make it next year!!

      Delete
  5. I am glad you had such a great time and got to meet so many awesome people. Looking forward to your Sunday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had so much fun!!!!! I am so jealous, but I'm glad you had such a great time :D Love all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I hope you can make it next year! :)

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! This sounds so freaking awesome. From the fabulous steps to the insanely cool authors to all the lovely bloggers. I'm so jealous of all of you who made it to BEA, but I'm super glad you had such a great time. :D Can't wait to see what books you got!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEA was awesome, now I need time to recover. So glad you also had a great time at BEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darla! I'm happy you had a good time also! It will definitely take some time to recover from the madness! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)