Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #51: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone
By: Kat Rosenfield
Release Date: July 5, 2012

"On the night of Becca’s high school graduation, the discovery of an unidentified dead girl left to bleed out on the side of a dirt road sends the town—and Becca—into a tailspin. Becca has always longed to break free from her small home town, but as the violence of the outside world creeps into her backyard, she withdraws and retreats inward, paralyzed for the first time in her life. Short chapters detailing the last days of Amelia Anne Richardson’s life are intercut with Becca’s own coming-of-age summer, unfolding into the parallel stories of two young women struggling with self-identity and tense romantic relationships as the summer’s tumultuous events twist Becca closer and closer to the truth about Amelia’s murder." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I am looking forward to Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone because the summary sounds really good and mysterious.

18 comments:

  1. Intensee. Cool cover, too. Thanks for sharing :)


    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random dead girl. Kinda digging it :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    - New follower :)

    See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That sounds really good. I can't imagine reading the chapters from Amelia's POV because I feel like I would spend the entire time thinking "omg you're about to die and you have no idea!" Freaky freaky.

    Thanks for sharing, and Happy WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this sounds really intriguing and a bit intense. I kind of want it! I've had this on my TBR list for a while and now I want to read it! Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially the fact that you can read the chapters through the eyes of the dead girl, fascinates me. Nice pick!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really intriguing. Great pick! :D

    New follower :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a real intense and self discovery type of book. Very interesting. Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a copy of this and I feel so bad that I haven't gotten to it yet because it does sounds really good! Definitely soon!
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book actually sounds very intense, and a lot different from what I'm used to read. May have to take this one up when it's released.

    Read my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds thrilling, an interesting pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for this one! It sounds like a book that I read and loved in the past so I can't wait.

    I hope you enjoy this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a really interesting read! The cover is really eye catching.

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like stories that intertwine two stories together (Revolution, Where Things Come Back, etc)... so I think this could be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really good, thanks for the suggestion! Great pick. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is said to have gotten A TON of praise. Like, seriously huge amount. I'm in the mood for a mystery right about now, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like an awesome book. I am looking forward to it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)