Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #48: So Close To You

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

So Close To You
By: Rachel Carter
Release Date: July 10, 2012

"Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the experiments that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who’ve disappeared over the years. When she stumbles into a vessel that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, Lydia realizes that all the stories she’s ever heard about the Montauk Project are true—and that she’s in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history. Alongside Wes, a darkly mysterious boy whom she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices. And if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them...and herself." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I am looking forward to So Close To You because it just sounds really interesting and I love a good sci-fi story!

14 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one! It sounds very interesting. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cover and interesting premise. Not sure if this would be my cup of tea or not -- I'd need to look into it more -- but it certainly looks unique. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this around and think it's pretty interesting! I'm really curious about the Mauntouk Project and what it is in the novel. And I do love the cover!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting into sci-fi and this one sounds really cool! And the cover kind of creeps me out in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo this looks good. I have not seen it before. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading and wanting to read more and more sci-fi lately. This one sounds really good! Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really good! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book does sound good! I may be adding it to my own TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound good and i love the cover!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this one looks so good!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, a sci-fi book! The blurb really intrigues me! I need to read more sci-fi YA, and this one sounds simply perfect for starter! :)

    New follower here! :)

    Here is my WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting cover. I'm such a cover whore. Great WOW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really looking forward to this one, too!

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book sounds great! I haven't heard of it before now but it is definitely going on my TBR pile.

    Thank-you for sharing.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2nd-may.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)