Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure (Covenant #2)
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: April 3, 2012
Source: Purchased E-book
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"There is need. And then there is Fate...Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone." (Summary from goodreads.com)

Jennifer L. Armentrout's Pure is the sequel to Half-Blood and picks up shortly after Half-Blood left off. Alex is now learning to deal with the connection that she shares with Seth. However, daimons soon attack the Covenant. The gods are angry and send furies to not only get rid of the daimons but the Apolyon as well.  

I loved Pure and was reluctant to put this book down until I finished it. Once again Armentrout has created an addictive and captivating story. Alex is recovering after everything that happened in Half-Blood. She is tough though which is something I admire about her character. She can also be stubborn and irrational but that isn't necessarily always a bad quality. Alex is also having nightmares though about her mother and that is where Seth comes in.

Seth definitely grew on me so much more in this book. It was nice to see another side of him as well as learn more about him. I am completely torn now between Seth and Aiden though. I did feel like there wasn't enough Aiden in this story but that may just be me. I also loved seeing the return of previous characters and the introduction of some new ones. The furies were definitely an interesting yet creepy addition. 

The plot is paced well and I wish the book was even longer. I enjoyed the new settings and seeing how the characters interacted outside of the Covenant. Once again the mythology in this world is so interesting. There was also a great balance of action, romance, and some heartbreaking scenes. I especially enjoyed the last couple of chapters the most. So far I have immediately fallen in love with everything I have read by Armentrout which is making her one of my favorite writers. I will be highly anticipating the next book in the Covenant series, Deity which is due out in the Fall. I strongly recommend Pure, it is an exciting sequel!

My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Dawson thought the world stopped spinning when he first saw Bethany walk through the door of his English class. She was new and beautiful...but human. Off limits. Dangerous. Intriguing. Worth the risk? Totally. She won his heart within minutes. Truly love at first sight and, in Shadows, it completely works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent read this series, but i've seen it on so many people's blogs.. and lots of them loved it! Great review. Your great love for the book makes me want to go and pick it up! Thanks for sharing!

    Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farah! I love pretty much anything written by Jennifer Armentrout so I highly recommend checking her books out! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)