Thursday, March 15, 2012

Guest Post: Taryn Browning


Taryn Browning, author of Dark Seeker and Whispering Hills, kindly took the time to stop by the blog to discuss vampires vs ghosts.

"The vampires in Dark Seeker are quite different and more deadly than "traditional" vampires. The vampire/demon hybrid known as Daychildren, possess demonic abilities, are immune to sunlight and don't need an invitation to come in. It's a good thing Janie's there to kick some Daychild butt and protect the citizens of Baltimore.
As for Whispering Hills, unlike a vampire, a ghost can't be seen and can move through things undetected making it impossible to sense his presence -- unless you're Alexis and hear his every menacing thought.
Daychildren drain their victims of blood and also enjoy the leftover organs - I know, gross! Ghosts, on the other hand, kill in a totally different way. You'll have to read Whispering Hills to find out how. I don't want to give anything away.
There's magic surrounding the town of Whispering Hills. Plus, witchcraft acts as a catalyst for the ghost preying on the town. What once was used to banish him from Whispering Hills is now aiding him in his plans to make Alexis pay for the fate she escaped thirteen years ago and follow through with his own sociopathic agenda. Again, you'll have to read the book to find out exactly what I'm talking about. Since Whispering Hills is in part a paranormal murder mystery, I'd hate to give anything away. Happy Reading :)"

Thanks again Taryn for stopping by! I highly recommend reading Whispering Hills and Dark Seeker, I loved them both!

So who do you think about vampires vs ghosts?

4 comments:

  1. Hm. This is a very fascinating post! Taryn definitely has be very hooked on reading Whispering Hills! I love the ghost aspect. I'm definitely more keen to read ghost books than vampire ones. Great post, Traci & Taryn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia! I definitely need to read some more ghost stories. I hope you enjoy Whispering Hills!

      Delete
  2. I am more creeped out by ghosts than vampires - but the vampires in Seeker sound scary! I haven't read that one yet, but I plan to download it to my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to agree with you on the ghosts being more scarier than vampires. I definitely recommend Dark Seeker and Whispering Hills. Both are so good! I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)